First G-Shock - First Stealth Job!

Thread: First G-Shock - First Stealth Job!

First G-Shock - First Stealth Job!

Hey everyone! I've been lurking in the forum for a while, gathering information from all of you guys. After careful consideration, I decided to purchase a G2300B-1V as my first G-Shock. I like everything about the watch; the way it looks, the feature set, the size, etc. The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was the red lettering and man, this watch has a lot of it! After picking up some stealthing tips by going through a lot of the threads here, I decided to give it a shot.

After removing the bezel and soaking it for a few minutes in Goof-Off, the red lettering brushed right off. After that I removed the plastic ring containing the word 'G-Shock'. I tested a little of the Goof-Off on the back of the ring and, sure enough, it started to dull (attack) the plastic. I then proceeded to try Goof-Off 2 (safe for plastic) but it wouldn't touch the red paint. Not wanting to try anything else that might melt the plastic ring, I decided to paint the letters with some black enamel that I had on hand. I did the same thing to the red 'G' on the EL button. After the paint dried, I carefully scraped off the excess using the side of a wooden toothpick, leaving the paint in the inset letters. It came out pretty good. Before I put it all back together, I changed the strap to the resin one that comes on the G2300-9V (got it from Casio Sales & Service). I just didn't care for the nylon one.

Here's a picture of the finished stealthing job. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
    Mike

Cool Re: First G-Shock - First Stealth Job!

Looks great!
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: First G-Shock - First Stealth Job!

awesome job, I really like it - I might have to this with my G-2300 too....

regards, holger

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Fantastic Job!!!! I may have to do this on mine as well.

Thanks a lot for the positive comments guys! Buzzbait ... after seeing some of your fantastic stealthing and modification work, your compliment especially means a lot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by shinvmik View Post
    Buzzbait ... after seeing some of your fantastic stealthing and modification work, your compliment especially means a lot to me!
    Well deserved praise. The stealthing of the inner bezel and G button is most impressive.

The stealth job looks great!

shinvmik - Many thanks for the idea. I finally got around to stealthing my old G2300B-1V today. The original rubber bezel was pretty beat up, so I stealthed out a replacement bezel and painted over the lettering on the inner bezel and "G" button. Looks awesome.

Buzzbait - Excellent job! And excellent picture, as usual! I like how you got creative with the out of focus leaf in the background!

I really prefer the G2300B-1V without all of that red lettering, don't you? I think it gives the watch a chunky, much more business-like appearance. Well, to be honest, I guess it's a pretty chunky watch with or without the red lettering! Definitely one of the top G-Shocks in my opinion.

Thread Information