First G-Shock, HELP, Please!!

Thread: First G-Shock, HELP, Please!!

First G-Shock, HELP, Please!!

Hello all out there in computer-land,

I am looking to get my first G-shock becuase I have destroyed a Timex Ironman, and am in the process destroying the 2nd, all in the last year at work. I am putting my self though school working 2 jobs, a chef and a golf course grounds maintenance worker at the local golf course. Thus I am looking for something that will take the beating in the kitchen, getting bumped and banged and heat in the oven. At the golf course I need something that again will take the bumps and bangs along with the sand, water, dirt and mud. I also ski and mountain bike, and would be wearing this all day every day.

It seems like a G-Shock fits the bill. If not let me know. However the bill is set for preferbly around $100, but with a absolute max of $140. I want all the features packed in as i can get around that price, and i know it may not be much. I would like things like; Atomic Timekeeping, Solar-powered, Low Temperature Resistance and some sort of dust-mud resistance. I would also prefer the MS (Military Stealth) color, I just think it looks the best, but am not 100% set on the color.

I hope this isn't too big of a challange, other suggestions are very welcome also.
    Thanks in advance,
    jotterman

Re: First G-Shock, HELP, Please!!

You'd be better helped in f17.

A quick reco would be a GW-6900 or an atomic Mudman with a positive display, but like I said go to G-Shock forum for the best help.
    2013: Android AD576BK Divemaster Espionage 2 | Vostok Amphibian 710059 | Vostok Amphibian 710634 | Vostok Amphibian 710526 | Momentum Base Layer (sapphire)
    2014: Maranez Layan | Vostok Amphibian 09013M | Casio MDV106-1A

2015: Vostok Amphibian 100657 | Vostok Amphibian 420914

You should be able to find a Riseman GW-9200 in that price range.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I purchased a close friend of mine a DW6900 as he is the grounds superintendent at a golf course just outside of town. Funny thing is, he destroyed his timex in under year and the G is still going with no problems.

My votes:

DW6900
    DW5600 (smaller)
    DW9052
    GW6900

The local Walmart should have quite a stock at reasonable prices so check there. Also look through the Casio website and just use google to search for the model numbers of watches that catch your eye.

Get a GW6900 - I got mine on ebay for about $80 brand new in the box and have worn it daily for the past 2 months or more. Atomic/Solar, 200m water resistant, timer/stopwatch/5 alarms, yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by jotterman View Post
    Hello all out there in computer-land,

I am looking to get my first G-shock becuase I have destroyed a Timex Ironman, and am in the process destroying the 2nd, all in the last year at work. I am putting my self though school working 2 jobs, a chef and a golf course grounds maintenance worker at the local golf course. Thus I am looking for something that will take the beating in the kitchen, getting bumped and banged and heat in the oven. At the golf course I need something that again will take the bumps and bangs along with the sand, water, dirt and mud. I also ski and mountain bike, and would be wearing this all day every day.

It seems like a G-Shock fits the bill. If not let me know. However the bill is set for preferbly around $100, but with a absolute max of $140. I want all the features packed in as i can get around that price, and i know it may not be much. I would like things like; Atomic Timekeeping, Solar-powered, Low Temperature Resistance and some sort of dust-mud resistance. I would also prefer the MS (Military Stealth) color, I just think it looks the best, but am not 100% set on the color.

I hope this isn't too big of a challange, other suggestions are very welcome also.
    Thanks in advance,
    jotterman

Might I suggest a g9000? Super durable. Mud resist on the buttons. 10+ yr battery. And you can manually sync it to your work clock or real time or whatever you want.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

How about a GW-7900B-1. pretty good price, all the goodies and a stealth look. And if you don't like the negative display, the GW-7900-1ER

Greetz,

John
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...That's what gets you." J.C.

Thread Information