Flashlight/Maglite and G-Shock, lets see em...
Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Flashlight/Maglite and G-Shock, lets see em...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Flashlight/Maglite and G-Shock, lets see em...

So pull those Maglites, Surefire's and Fenix's, etc, Show us your G,s and Flashlites, i just pulled the trigger on a new LED 3Dcell digital camo Maglite, not the greatest lights in the world but the construction is outstanding and i needed a torch that could double as a self defence weapon as i live in the city and often have to leave my home to check on dramas outside, thought a Maglite was the thing to buy.
    Apparently the new LED Maglites have a great throw and pretty good LEDs?

Anybody have any maglites/flashlites and G's they would like to share?

If you dont have a G-Shock you can picture it with any watch, everybodies included here.

Maybe this thread could double as the Flashlite discussion thread, im sure theres a few enthusiasts here.

Would also love to hear from you Law enforcement, security and military on what your favourites are, what you used in the past, what you use now and how far flash lights have come.

Name:  3ddigitalcamo800.jpg
Views: 1607
Size:  114.1 KB
    My new 3D digital camo LED Maglite, picture taken from the net.
    Camo so they dont see it coming:)

Cheers
    Last edited by Cobia; April 16th, 2015 at 16:35.
    Knives and Lint likes this.

Re: G-Shocks and Maglite's/Flashlights, lets see em...

Cool thread. I look forward to seeing some of the member's favorite flashlights as well as some discussion.

I have a handful of different flashlights but my favorite is the Surefire Aviator LED, with red secondary beam. It is the flashlight I've taken the most pictures of with my G's, as it is always in my pocket. The cool thing about this light is that if you depress the tailcap partially it puts out a low output red beam. This is sufficient for performing most tasks and finding things, while not dilating your pupils and ruining your natural night vision, leaving your eyes still well adjusted to the dark. Plus, it doesn't announce your presence to the entire world around you. I can't express how uselful this has been to me. Now that I'm used to it I could not imagine living without it.

Then, when you depress (or screw) the tailcap completely, it provides a nice bright white beam just like any normal flashlight. Plus, being a Surefire, you have the benefit of a lifetime no-questions-asked warranty.

Here it is with some of my G's

duder,I know around here LE likes their Maglights but my fav is the O-light M18 Striker.800 lumens,hi velocity strobe to confuse an attacker,and a nice little skull crusher mounted above the lens if you get jammed up.gotta protect them G's.

CHEERS
    john
    Cobia and buddyrohr like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry no time for fancy lighting set ups. Here's my Surefire P2X Fury Defender. It features a strike bezel and 500 lumens to blind an uninvited guest coming down your hallway at night.
    Name:  IMG_0250.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  920.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by blondygirl69 View Post
    duder,I know around here LE likes their Maglights but my fav is the O-light M18 Striker.800 lumens,hi velocity strobe to confuse an attacker,and a nice little skull crusher mounted above the lens if you get jammed up.gotta protect them G's.

CHEERS
    john
    Thanks John, i appreciate that mate.

I did read about the strikers but, many say they are better but its a lot harder for me to find one in OZ as a good price.
    Our dollar is 75us at the moment so buying a torch OS isnt really worth it after shipping.

Mags have been very popular here since the early 80s, they are a good price and very easy to find, when i saw they were making LED models i thought why not, cost me 60 bucks for the new LED version with free delivery, so i was pretty happy, should be here in a day or two, im trying out the new digital camo print, looks pretty sweet.

cheers mate
    Last edited by Cobia; April 15th, 2015 at 09:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Cool thread. I look forward to seeing some of the member's favorite flashlights as well as some discussion.

I have a handful of different flashlights but my favorite is the Surefire Aviator LED, with red secondary beam. It is the flashlight I've taken the most pictures of with my G's, as it is always in my pocket. The cool thing about this light is that if you depress the tailcap partially it puts out a low output red beam. This is sufficient for performing most tasks and finding things, while not dilating your pupils and ruining your natural night vision, leaving your eyes still well adjusted to the dark. Plus, it doesn't announce your presence to the entire world around you. I can't express how uselful this has been to me. Now that I'm used to it I could not imagine living without it.

Then, when you depress (or screw) the tailcap completely, it provides a nice bright white beam just like any normal flashlight. Plus, being a Surefire, you have the benefit of a lifetime no-questions-asked warranty.

Here it is with some of my G's

Nice little light mate, i'll be on the market for a few powerful small leds, ive got a bit of research to do on output and lumins,i like the red light option on yours a red lense is always good at night for spotting snakes and nocturnal animals, think i'll pick up the optional extras maglite pack with a red and blue lense, also has an anti roll ring, wonder what they use a blue light for?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertMark View Post
    Sorry no time for fancy lighting set ups. Here's my Surefire P2X Fury Defender. It features a strike bezel and 500 lumens to blind an uninvited guest coming down your hallway at night.
    Name:  IMG_0250.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  920.0 KB
    Very nice light, heard plenty of good things about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia View Post
    Nice little light mate, i'll be on the market for a few powerful small leds, ive got a bit of research to do on output and lumins,i like the red light option on yours a red lense is always good at night for spotting snakes and nocturnal animals, think i'll pick up the optional extras maglite pack with a red and blue lense, also has an anti roll ring, wonder what they use a blue light for?
    cheers

Thanks. I've heard that blue filters have been used by hunters to track blood trails in low light conditions, but I've had no experience with this and have heard varying opinions as to its effectiveness.

The filter kit for the Maglite is definitely worth it though, I have one for the Maglite I keep in my truck with the red filter on it and the anti-roll ring keeps it from rattling around. I've always felt that every household should have at least one 3D Maglite. Its a nice robust light (not to mention one helluva night stick) and its history speaks for itself.

My love for red lights has led me to buy filers for nearly all of my flashlights. In fact I've even switched the dome lights in my truck with red LEDs (the ones that come on automatically, I've left the ones that you can switch on white). It definitely helps, as I'm often in rural areas where its pitch black at night, and I've always hated car interior lights that come on automatically. I've even noticed that the local law enforcement in my area have recently installed red LED's inside their patrol cars as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertMark View Post

The Fury is an awesome light. Super bright and very high quality, with the Surefire name to back it up. This is the first light I always recommend to anyone who asks me for my recommendation on a good flashlight. Its hard to beat for sure.

I use to own a Fenix LD40 which I used for duty and that thing worked great and had a nice throw of a natural white light. I ended up selling it which I regret almost every week. I'll have to end up tracking another one down.
    only the dead have seen the end of war -Plato

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information