Florida atomic time synching?

Thread: Florida atomic time synching?

Florida atomic time synching?

Down here visiting my father in Lauderhill (near Ft. Lauderdale). Can't get the GW-7900RD to synch at night, placed it at the windows, etc.

No problems with it back home in Maryland but doesn't seem to take here. Anyone near Ft. Lauderdale or in south Florida have feedback on the synch ability of G-Shocks?

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Re: Florida atomic time synching?

I've never had a problem when visiting West Palm Beach. Even sync'ed while in the high ground in Jamaica.

Zero problems in Tampa.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    Down here visiting my father in Lauderhill (near Ft. Lauderdale). Can't get the GW-7900RD to synch at night, placed it at the windows, etc.

No problems with it back home in Maryland but doesn't seem to take here. Anyone near Ft. Lauderdale or in south Florida have feedback on the synch ability of G-Shocks?
    How bad is the drift when un-synced? Seems like an awful lot of Atomic owners obsess over daily syncing. I'll be purchasing a high end atomic in the next couple of weeks, my plan is to set it and forget it. (thats the plan at least, we'll have to see if its the reality.)

Racer X

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX2oo3 View Post
    How bad is the drift when un-synced? Seems like an awful lot of Atomic owners obsess over daily syncing. I'll be purchasing a high end atomic in the next couple of weeks, my plan is to set it and forget it. (thats the plan at least, we'll have to see if its the reality.)

Racer X
    I was kind of surprised actually, it loses about 1 second per day, not bad at all compared to mechanical watches, but not that great compared to my Mudman. I retired from NIST so I guess I'm obsessed with accurate time, even on my mechanicals. In fact, that's most of the fun for me, seeing which watches are most accurate (and some of my mechanicals are pretty amazing in that regard).

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Hi there.. I live in Miami and my 6900 has synced every night since I've had it.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    I was kind of surprised actually, it loses about 1 second per day, not bad at all compared to mechanical watches, but not that great compared to my Mudman. I retired from NIST so I guess I'm obsessed with accurate time, even on my mechanicals. In fact, that's most of the fun for me, seeing which watches are most accurate (and some of my mechanicals are pretty amazing in that regard).
    I guess that after 6 years with my Speedmaster I'm used to watches losing 30+ secs a day. Granted it started out closer to -5 sec a day when new. I really should have sent it in for service as recommended, but the cost of servicing an eight hand watch (given that pretty much all the hands had micro pitting) would have been a real pain.

I can usually sync about 80% of the time from Hollywood, Fl.
    KISS ALIVE The Tribute

http://www.kissalivethetribute.com

Thread Information