Fog under glass?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fog under glass?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fog under glass?

I noticed that under certain angle to the light can be seen in my gdf100 under glass light mist. do you think that this is due to reflections of light or a remnant of the water vapor, which happened to me at the pool

When i can see it:

And normaly:

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Re: Fog under glass?

Personally I wouldn't be too worried if this happened once in a blue moon, but you're going to want to alleviate the issue, so either crack that bad boy open and get to greasin' or find someone to make sure it's nice and sealed! Generally not a tough process, you can simply replace the back gasket, or even simpler, just add some silicone grease, and on the tougher end taking the button assemblies out and checking the o-rings. My guess is the issue is with the caseback gasket, or some miraculous chance that you pushed a button a billion times when the watch was exposed to water ;)

Best of luck, far as I can tell nothing is ruined! :)

and you think of this remnant of steam, because it worries me. This can be seen only under light and not always. the pool water vapor disappeared after a few seconds but before I did not pay attention and do not know if I'm oversensitive or so it should not look like this

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No, you've got a right to be curious. If you're okay opening the watch and looking for signs of residual water, I'd say go for it. You can always try drying it out carefully then too. Feel free to drop me a line if you need any help. I haven't owned this watch but should be able to help!
    RHJones likes this.

I rather fear to open the watch. I heard about a case in which someone opened this model and damaged the sensor. Maybe as the battery runs out I'll ask the watchmaker if he could look at it during battery replacement. generally I do not see this when don't look into the light but still irks me :/

Depending on who you take it to, they might have NO clue what they're doing aside from popping the battery out, haha. I suppose the sensor is attached via ribbon, and I could see how someone would mess that up. Do you happen to have any silica gel packets? If you do, I would just take the screws and caseback off, toss the module in a container you can seal with the packet, that might help dry it out! This way you don't run any risks of trying to remove the module.

Fog under glass?

I don't have any gel. And i don't have any tools to open watch because i always just wear watch and if baterry runs out i always went to watchmaker ;p I don't have any experience:/ at this moment i have to live with it

writing this post, I thought that I'm touchy. I asked the brother and colleague and they looked at watch and they were saying that I'm looking at the potency of the issue. at normal examination Watch all looks completely fine

Last edited by Kacprzak1991; July 12th, 2015 at 00:23.

For sure, it's an issue that is completely fine to live with, but at some point (battery change at a shop) you'll want to try dealing with it. They might have some insight to the problem. Again, best of luck! :)

If there is some moisture inside the watch from production when the watch is cooled as in diving or cold shower this moisture will show up in the watch also. If you do open it up and it's humid you should use a hot air hair dryer on the internals before closing it up to insure no moisture gets trapped inside. This will work to get rid of the fog you have now until you decide your course of action

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information