Forced to buy a watch...
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Forced to buy a watch...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Forced to buy a watch...

I've a new gym regime & my trainer has me doing 1 minute intervals... so I need to time them!

Perfect excuse to get a G-Shock. Here's my first choices, what do you think

GA110RG-1A - Others Mens Watches | Casio - G-Shock&nbsp|&nbspCasio - G-Shock
    Name:  GA-110RG-1AER.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  22.0 KB

GA100C-1A3 - Trending Mens Watches | Casio - G-Shock&nbsp|&nbspCasio - G-Shock
    This one is a second option, but the rose gold has been on my mind since I first saw it.

Name:  GA100C-1A3_xlarge.png
Views: 551
Size:  290.9 KB

I'm sure I'd benefit from something with a heart rate monitor, but I'm not sold on the idea of a smart watch... yet.
    ccm123 likes this.

Re: Forced to buy a watch...

Quote Originally Posted by bluefoam View Post
    I've a new gym regime & my trainer has me doing 1 minute intervals... so I need to time them!

Perfect excuse to get a G-Shock. Here's my first choices, what do you think

GA110RG-1A - Others Mens Watches | Casio - G-Shock&nbsp|&nbspCasio - G-Shock
    Name:  GA-110RG-1AER.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  22.0 KB

GA100C-1A3 - Trending Mens Watches | Casio - G-Shock&nbsp|&nbspCasio - G-Shock
    This one is a second option, but the rose gold has been on my mind since I first saw it.

Name:  GA100C-1A3_xlarge.png
Views: 551
Size:  290.9 KB

I'm sure I'd benefit from something with a heart rate monitor, but I'm not sold on the idea of a smart watch... yet.
    imho they are too big and bulky for gym use. How about the dw5600e? Or my fave (atm) the g5600e :)

Thanks kcohS-G, I hadn't really taken size into account froma practical point of view.

I like hands on my watch. I also have large wrists & will use the watch for beach days and backpacking... so don't want to limit myself.

I will take your comment on board and try on when I look at them.
    Last edited by bluefoam; January 14th, 2016 at 14:05.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Let's face it ... when you really want something, you'll always find some kind of justification for it.

Personally, I like the green hands better from a 'visibility' point-of-view.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Get the AE-1300

AE1300WH-8AV - Sports, Mens, Womens, Ladies, Digital, Analog Wrist, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

Or the WS-220

It also comes in positive lcd versions
    WS220-1BV - Sports, Mens, Womens, Ladies, Digital, Analog Wrist, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

Or the newer STLS110H with better button layout
    STLS110H-1A - Sports, Mens, Womens, Ladies, Digital, Analog Wrist, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

Or better yet for the gym is the GYMBOSS. It beeps or vibrates and is IMO, the best thing to buy for interval (HIIT) training. Then either clip it to your waist band or throw it in a pocket. I use the watch band adapter and it works quite well. Looks hideous but it does the job.

https://www.gymboss.com/

Watch Strap - NEW PRODUCT! | Gymboss Interval Timers
    torgny, nb9001, GaryK30 and 2 others like this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

for gshocks...
    those with one press direct to countdown timers - ga400, gd350
    or one press to stopwatch - rangeman
    i use the rangeman for my intervals as they vary from 1 to 1.5 to 3 mins.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

Sorry to rain on your G-Shock parade... but a Timex digital is probably going to be your best bet. They have large displays and numerals that are perfect for viewing when your arms are flailing around.

I'd still recommend a G-Shock... you know, for science.
    Rocat, idkfa and cayabo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefoam View Post
    Being rather new to the whole G-Shock world, I am in no way qualified to recommend any. However, I have been using an interval timer for my workouts more or less daily (if not for intervals, then at least to time my inbetwixt set rests to get my lazy ass moving again) for several years and I can certainly recommend the Gymboss and more specifically the Gymboss Max. It can store 3x5 different interval programs. It has got both sound and vibration (so you don't have to bother fellow athletes if you are using a public gym), and it has got a stopwatch.

Problem? It is not a watch. You can attach it to any of your limbs using the velcro band if you like, but I prefer to just clip it onto my shorts or have it lying around on the floor. I don't like wearing a watch while working out anyway as it tends to get in the way during certain exercises. For example, cleaning kettlebells tend to include some iron-to-wrist impact. However, if there is one watch that could take it, it is probably a G-Shock. The following is probably very true anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    Let's face it ... when you really want something, you'll always find some kind of justification for it.
    PS.I just visited the Gymboss site and noticed that they have a completely new line of timers compared to what they offered when I got mine. I can't really vouch for any of them but the one I've got is frickin solid.
    JohnQFord and Rocat like this.

Well,it didn't take me long. The two watches I liked were both out of stock in the G Shock shop as well as about 5 other stores.

One shop was able to order the rose gold for me & I'd have it tomorrow, but I really liked the layout of the green one once I saw it's cousins first hand...

So I've ordered it from Amazon... Another motivation to get me to the gym + my very first G Shock... Very excited

Thanks for all the feedback. I did check out Timex and got concerned with their very similar style/branding to the G Shock... I also paid allot of attention to the size, and the G/S seems perfect for my wrist...
    soulbridgemedia and JohnQFord like this.

l have to agree with that timex suggestion
    btw a ga100 series is far from a watch l'd buy to chronograph
    even more ngtv display
    l have a 6900ms and l was thinking in buy another standard for my running routine
    the first watch that l thought was timex t5k195 but as a gshock fan l also thought dw5600

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information