WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum participations down?

1K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  d2mac 
#1 · (Edited)
Wonder if I'm the only one noticing this, the forum's getting slower in terms of the frequency of posts/threads in recent weeks, especially the last few days. At times, I could come back in a few hours, and there were only a few new posts. I remember back in the beginning of 2015 last year, there were more new posts to read than I could reply.

#11 ·
Agree. One another factor haven't been mentioned and unrelated to Casio product releases, is that some "older" members used to hang around the forum no longer do or not as frequently as before. While for an internet forum, it's not unusual for people to come and go, I think there were a significant drop here last year. As I mentioned in my OP, even comparing the same time period of the year, 2015 had more participation than 2016, at least as I remember it. Obviously, the current direction of Casio products also has a lot to do with it, too.

#5 ·
don't know about others but here is why i'm down.. there just isn't anything interesting that's coming out for me (at least from what i've seen). jan-feb-mar stuff i found boring, so nothing that excites me to keep posting. So i just post the news I find and i leave..

also most of the people who used to keep my interest going fell off.. watch tanaka stopped making vids, the hk sellers who used to leak the catalogues stopped leaking and recently g-shock Australia killed themselves. the main guy who kept the fb page and website updated and running quit. he had made G-Shock AUS the best from all the country pages, often giving us a look at upcoming stuff.. not sure who the new guy is but dude sucks. posting old stuff on FB and their website has not been updated at all (still has Jan releases in the upcoming section).. so that kinda bummed me out as well. Also don't really like the whole ana-digi, premium direction Casio is heading in.. not my kinda watches so I don't really have anything to say in threads concerning those.

also too many help me threads, so usually i don't even bother opening those.. lol

Forehead Technology Neck Photo caption Ear

Photo caption Font Photography Album cover Internet meme

I'll be back to my normal self when Casio has something that i'm interested in..

Illustration Cartoon Fictional character Space Star

I don't expect to see much at Basel either they are always very secretive and only show a handful of rich ppl watches there (to the public, press release) to try and fit in wit the rest of the watch makers who are present there... the only time we have had a good Baselworld in the past few years was when someone took pics of stuff they were not supposed to take pics of.

#7 · (Edited)
The majority of the G's have just been new colors of older models. And yes, I'm not a fan of Ana-digis either, especially when they are 400-500USD which is way out of my price range.

Please don't get me wrong.

I am glad there are those members that have and like the MudMaster. But my priorities may be different than some other members as our house will be paid off in May. So after May, more home projects are on the way since there will no longer be a Mortgage.

#9 ·
All of the above, PLUS I think that a lot of the recent forum drop in activity can be tied to "it's the end of February."

All of the "what watch should I buy?" and "which watch should I buy for _____?" threads from the holidays have dropped off.

All of the "I just got a new watch for Christmas and I can't figure it out!" posts have dropped off, along with the "I just got a new watch for Christmas and I want to mod it, but how?" and "I just got a new watch for Christmas and I'm excited about it!" posts as well.

In the northern hemisphere, it's still a little too early for all of the "I want to buy a new watch for warm-weather outdoor activities and/or vacation so what do you recommend?" threads.

#15 ·
IMO G-shock are going down hill, their new watches are getting really try hard and overcooked, they are now getting overpriced for their mid to upper tier for what they are, they charge hundreds more dollars for a different colour, you would struggle to find a decent new release that doesnt look like its made for japanese teenager, the designers at G-Shock have lost the plot a bit, their collabs are laughable.

Ive realised GShock if a fashion company who treats its customers as idiots because they can.

As far as this forum goes, mostly a great bunch of guys but compared to the rest of WUS the G-shock forum had got too sickly sweet for me, to the point of nauseating, the fanboyism went over the top, honestly it was like dealing with a bunch of teenage girls in here every day, im not referring to everybody, but theres a percentage of very very strange people in here whom i would liken to man children.

I just pop in to see if theres anything interesting these days which is 1/1000 chance.

#18 ·
IMO G-shock are going down hill, their new watches are getting really try hard and overcooked, they are now getting overpriced for their mid to upper tier for what they are, they charge hundreds more dollars for a different colour, you would struggle to find a decent new release that doesnt look like its made for japanese teenager, the designers at G-Shock have lost the plot a bit, their collabs are laughable.

Ive realised GShock if a fashion company who treats its customers as idiots because they can.

As far as this forum goes, mostly a great bunch of guys but compared to the rest of WUS the G-shock forum had got too sickly sweet for me, to the point of nauseating, the fanboyism went over the top, honestly it was like dealing with a bunch of teenage girls in here every day, im not referring to everybody, but theres a percentage of very very strange people in here whom i would liken to man children.

I just pop in to see if theres anything interesting these days which is 1/1000 chance.
^^^This!

:-d

To All: Wear your watches in good health and may Casio release a new model (NOT just a new "limited" colorway!) that better serves your needs at Baselworld 2016!!!

#19 ·
for me, personally:
1/ I am now working 7 days a week
2/ i am quite satisfied with what I have/and modded
3/ Casio is trending toward analog, which is not my taste, the reason I bought Gshock in the first place is digital - many members here support Gshock's new trend, which makes me feel like stranger
4/ there used to be more poor Gshock fans to try to mod - now it seems there are much more rich Gshock fans, who would rather spend money than mod - this leads to less moders around and share
5/ forum reaches to the point that most of the questions are already answered, and most of the topics are already covered

#22 ·
To be honest in 95% of my visit here is the f17, because that's what I like, my passion, and since 2012 that I register here, I learn so much, and I want to keep learning, sometimes I try to help people here, because I know I have the knowledge, but being Portuguese my main language, sometimes is kind of difficult to express my self, and can not trust on translators, even me knows that my God, wtf did they translate there!!
But I would really like to see more threads here about older models, people restoring thems using them with pride, because Casio use to make so many cool watches, one of my favorite threads here, is the from Kosio with all that old watches, they are so cool with so many tech!
For me, for the value of this new high-tech G's would rather buy a bunch of beaten up old G's and bring them back to his glory!
It's a pleasure to my to open the wruw threads and see "vintage" pieces on people wrists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.