Forum participations down?
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Forum participations down?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Forum participations down?

Wonder if I'm the only one noticing this, the forum's getting slower in terms of the frequency of posts/threads in recent weeks, especially the last few days. At times, I could come back in a few hours, and there were only a few new posts. I remember back in the beginning of 2015 last year, there were more new posts to read than I could reply.
    Last edited by Watch_Geekmaster; February 29th, 2016 at 10:31.
    Rocat and Jasabor like this.

Re: Forum participations down?

I feel the same as well, it has been quieter for the last few weeks. I guess part of it is the lack of new watch launches for the last few months. I think post Baselworld, things will probably pick up again with new watch announcements

+1 - I think a lot of things have changed around here in the last year or two.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    I feel the same as well, it has been quieter for the last few weeks. I guess part of it is the lack of new watch launches for the last few months. I think post Baselworld, things will probably pick up again with new watch announcements
    I agree. Remember the times when the Burton, Cupcake and SF collabs, as well as the GWG models dropped in close succession? The forum was busy as a railway station!!

don't know about others but here is why i'm down.. there just isn't anything interesting that's coming out for me (at least from what i've seen). jan-feb-mar stuff i found boring, so nothing that excites me to keep posting. So i just post the news I find and i leave..

also most of the people who used to keep my interest going fell off.. watch tanaka stopped making vids, the hk sellers who used to leak the catalogues stopped leaking and recently g-shock Australia killed themselves. the main guy who kept the fb page and website updated and running quit. he had made G-Shock AUS the best from all the country pages, often giving us a look at upcoming stuff.. not sure who the new guy is but dude sucks. posting old stuff on FB and their website has not been updated at all (still has Jan releases in the upcoming section).. so that kinda bummed me out as well. Also don't really like the whole ana-digi, premium direction Casio is heading in.. not my kinda watches so I don't really have anything to say in threads concerning those.

also too many help me threads, so usually i don't even bother opening those.. lol

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  9.6 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18295415.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	7254170

I'll be back to my normal self when Casio has something that i'm interested in..

Name:	g1_starscream_sleeping_on_moon_by_starshot_seeker-d311g39.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	7254202

I don't expect to see much at Basel either they are always very secretive and only show a handful of rich ppl watches there (to the public, press release) to try and fit in wit the rest of the watch makers who are present there... the only time we have had a good Baselworld in the past few years was when someone took pics of stuff they were not supposed to take pics of.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream View Post

Name:	18295415.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	7254170
    ROFL!!! That was hilarious!!! OT but what would most people pick? Probably a F91 or similar!!!
    On-topic: Sad to hear about G-Shock AU and Watch Tanaka. Watch Tanaka had the best videos, hands down!

The majority of the G's have just been new colors of older models. And yes, I'm not a fan of Ana-digis either, especially when they are 400-500USD which is way out of my price range.

Please don't get me wrong.

I am glad there are those members that have and like the MudMaster. But my priorities may be different than some other members as our house will be paid off in May. So after May, more home projects are on the way since there will no longer be a Mortgage.
    Last edited by Rocat; February 29th, 2016 at 17:52.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

don't know about others but here is why i'm down.. there just isn't anything interesting that's coming out for me (at least from what i've seen). jan-feb-mar stuff i found boring, so nothing that excites me to keep posting. So i just post the news I find and i leave..

also most of the people who used to keep my interest going fell off.. watch tanaka stopped making vids, the hk sellers who used to leak the catalogues stopped leaking and recently g-shock Australia killed themselves. the main guy who kept the fb page and website updated and running quit. he had made G-Shock AUS the best from all the country pages, often giving us a look at upcoming stuff.. not sure who the new guy is but dude sucks. posting old stuff on FB and their website has not been updated at all (still has Jan releases in the upcoming section).. so that kinda bummed me out as well. Also don't really like the whole ana-digi, premium direction Casio is heading in.. not my kinda watches so I don't really have anything to say in threads concerning those.

also too many help me threads, so usually i don't even bother opening those.. lol

I'll be back to my normal self when Casio has something that i'm interested in..

I don't expect to see much at Basel either they are always very secretive and only show a handful of rich ppl watches there (to the public, press release) to try and fit in wit the rest of the watch makers who are present there... the only time we have had a good Baselworld in the past few years was when someone took pics of stuff they were not supposed to take pics of.
    I can definitely relate to what you are saying.

Most of what Casio is launching is either too 'loud', too big, or too expensive (for me anyways), though I can't fault them by trying to appease the fashion crowd.
    Last edited by Watchphile; February 29th, 2016 at 15:05.
    Jasabor likes this.

All of the above, PLUS I think that a lot of the recent forum drop in activity can be tied to "it's the end of February."

All of the "what watch should I buy?" and "which watch should I buy for _____?" threads from the holidays have dropped off.

All of the "I just got a new watch for Christmas and I can't figure it out!" posts have dropped off, along with the "I just got a new watch for Christmas and I want to mod it, but how?" and "I just got a new watch for Christmas and I'm excited about it!" posts as well.

In the northern hemisphere, it's still a little too early for all of the "I want to buy a new watch for warm-weather outdoor activities and/or vacation so what do you recommend?" threads.

f.. ....watch tanaka stopped making vids, ... ... Also don't really like the whole ana-digi, premium direction Casio is heading in.. not my kinda watches...
    Nailed it! And where's my symmetrical Frogman with LED auxiliary lighting?!?! Some reason to get people, not just WUSers, away from their phones and wearing any kind of watches at all? Expand the colorways of the GD-400, and/or augment it. Build on the aborted potential legacy of the G-7800. Looks like they are going to throw away the DW-D5600P improvements...

Other makers are slowly encroaching on the G-Shock space, and the 10-10-10 philosophy is no longer enough to differentiate Gs from other watches.

And with 3D printing on the horizon, soon we will be able to take "ordinary" watches and design exo-skeletons for them to give them close to G-Shock capabilities, and some of THOSE have features that Casio, in their complacency has denied us: large numbers, loud alarms, programmable functions, night-vision...

But of course, I'd rather have such things as OEM features from Casio, as I TRUST their quality control and toughness more than, say, Ar****** or Ti*** or even Se***.

We're a small demographic, and no doubt sales in yen figures are up, but we are also the Canary in the Coal Mine for them going forward, and it might pay them, long term, to pay attention to our complaints.
    JohnQFord and Kev55 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information