Found a DW-5300
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By jtaka1

Thread: Found a DW-5300

Found a DW-5300

My mom has a little shrine where she keeps pics and little things of my dad. It's been there for at least 7-8 year, I don't know why I didn't see it before. She said I could have it and I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Anyway, I just changed the battery and going to buy some adapters and throw on a Zulu.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by jtaka1; November 14th, 2011 at 00:30.
    brad15470, dw5000c and stockae92 like this.

Re: Found a DW-5300

nice find .................looks to be in good condition.
    Brad
    Have a great day.

Not bad, really. But better don't try to take off the bezel - it might crumble to pieces if you do. Maybe a little Vinylex can freshen it up. Some member here swear by it.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

someone used vinylex on a mudman 8400 men in khaki i purchased and the buttons have torn, makes the resin softer it seems. i expect the other covers on it to tear any time. i don't worry about my others, the bands seem much stronger left as is too. . .

One of my all time favorite models, gonna look great with those strap adaptors and a nice Zulu, as for the mudman, the buttons are subject to tear as that is a design flaw from Casio, it seems the button covers are to thin and the buttons are to hard to push with your finger, which is what will cause the button covers to tear or come apart. I have Vinylex on over 50 G's and at this very moment they are all in pristine condition, keeps them soft and plyable, no harsh chemicals to deteriorate the G-Shock resin. Excellent product, been using it for about a year and a half since I read and found out about it.

Yeah, I was pretty pleased with my find. I think it's a great looking watch. Plus, it was my fathers.
    Where can I purchase Vinylex if I decide to try it? The bezel is in pretty good shape, but you can tell it's old. You know when it starts to hase that sticky resedue.
    Also, those adapters say they can be used with 22mm or 24mm zulus. So does that mean if I use the 22mm I have there will be 2mm gap?
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jtaka1 View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty pleased with my find. I think it's a great looking watch. Plus, it was my fathers.
    Where can I purchase Vinylex if I decide to try it? The bezel is in pretty good shape, but you can tell it's old. You know when it starts to hase that sticky resedue.
    Also, those adapters say they can be used with 22mm or 24mm zulus. So does that mean if I use the 22mm I have there will be 2mm gap?
    Thanks guys.
    Probably ebay would be a good idea to get Vinylex. In my experience the 22mm leave a very small gap while the 24mm straps are almost too big. 23mm would probably be the perfect width. On the G-Shocks that already have adapters installed (like the G-7710CL) the Casio strap is 23 mm wide.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Not bad, really. But better don't try to take off the bezel - it might crumble to pieces if you do. Maybe a little Vinylex can freshen it up. Some member here swear by it.

cheers, Sedi
    Damn... My father had it on a clip attached to a chain. I guess he used it as a pocket watch. My son was holding it by the chain and I guess it cracked part of the bezel. No prob, some gorilla glue and it looks okay. However, in the process, I was going to remove the bezel (should have took your advice) to glue it, but decided just to glue it to the case since I'm not going to find a new bezel. In the process, while removing one screw and replacing it after changing my mind, the resin by the screw cracked. I guess I screwed it on to tight. Oh well, just glued the two small pieces back and it looks okay now. Anyway, I think you were right. If I did remove the bezel, it probably would have crumbled to pieces which I couldn't fix.
    On a good note, I used some 303 aerospace protectant and it looks great.
    Will post pics when my adapters come in. Hopefully today.

Finally got my adapters yesterday. Had the zulu already, but I think it would look better with a black zulu and PVD buckles.
    Hope the bezel holds up because I really like this watch.
    Sorry, had problems resizing my pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by jtaka1; November 30th, 2011 at 08:34.

See the crack by the word protection. That whole piece broke off when I was trying to get the pin in place and the adapter slipped out. Just glued it back in. I still think this watch looks cool. A little bigger and tougher looking than the 5600.

Thread Information