Found my old Baby-G from the late 90s/early 2000s. Anyone ever had one of these?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AlxEllis
  • 1 Post By AlxEllis
  • 1 Post By User Unrelated

Thread: Found my old Baby-G from the late 90s/early 2000s. Anyone ever had one of these?

Found my old Baby-G from the late 90s/early 2000s. Anyone ever had one of these?

Hey guys, I don't post often as I only became a G-Shock owner today! but I found my old Baby-G watch and was just curious if anyone had one of these?

I can't remember exactly when this was. Late 90s/early 2000s roughly? I did not know they were for girls and was given it by my parents and I wore it to school like two times haha. I remember the LCD at the top had a dolphin that used to appear and it would play music sometimes and you could make the dolphin move and stuff by using the light button (I think!). It's been out of power and I have not put a battery in it (But I am tempted for the nostalgia!)

Does anyone remember these or has/had one? (If this is the wrong forum I apologize, I've been kind of lost on here today! >.< As I said I don't post much, last thread I posted was in May 2014! haha so...yeah xD)

Name:  BabyG.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  141.0 KB
    DjedMoros likes this.
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Saville Row suit."

Re: Found my old Baby-G from the late 90s/early 2000s. Anyone ever had one of these?

There's a thrift store near me that has a big watch counter, and I always go in and look for G's, because the people that work there don't know how to price things (aka: Everything is $5)...
    They seem to have an absolutely absurd and strangely continuous supply of these early baby-G's... Which is a bummer because there's no reason for me to own one. No other Casios worth picking up, either...
    AWGM100NV-2A / DW5600EB / G5600EB / G9000-1V / GA110BC-9A / G-056
    PRG270-7CR / GM100-8JF / DW6100-1V / AQ33 / AL190WD-8CU(stom)
    Citizen B612 Primo /
    Ракета 24-hour

Re: Found my old Baby-G from the late 90s/early 2000s. Anyone ever had one of these?

Man that really is strange!

I wonder where they are all coming from? I literally forgot I had this one till my G arrived today and my mother told me "Oh, we still have your old one from when you were a kid" and I found it and decided to post.

Real detail on my part xD "it had a dolphin" and "sometimes it moved and played music" LOL oh god...
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Saville Row suit."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

bg100?
    actually thats a given. all baby g's were bg100s for awhile, heaps of diff. variants but all with the same model number lol
    my wife still has a few of these in her collection, most are slowly being moved down the rankings and used as beaters as full size Gs have taken over her collection (:
    they did always have some cool little functions and animations, obviously not enough of a novelty for ppl to want to buy them tho. shame, as mentioned, they go so cheap these days. i always recommend them for a good beater or sports watch to my female friends.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Ah just realised they have product code on the metal case. BG-391! really tempted to shove a battery in it now xD just for that dolphin! <3 hahaha

I still can't believe I was wearing a girls watch all this time! :O haha. Good beater watches indeed!
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

My wife had one...

Quote Originally Posted by AlxEllis View Post
    Ah just realised they have product code on the metal case. BG-391! really tempted to shove a battery in it now xD just for that dolphin! <3 hahaha

I still can't believe I was wearing a girls watch all this time! :O haha. Good beater watches indeed!
    I just snatched up a GM-100 on ebay for a little over $20, and it's got little dancing men up at the top haha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhtd17iqUMk
    AlxEllis likes this.
    AWGM100NV-2A / DW5600EB / G5600EB / G9000-1V / GA110BC-9A / G-056
    PRG270-7CR / GM100-8JF / DW6100-1V / AQ33 / AL190WD-8CU(stom)
    Citizen B612 Primo /
    Ракета 24-hour

OMG!!! YES! this brings back memories!

The little song it used to play! haha <3

Thread Information