Found an old DW-8200 Frogman at my brother's house and he gave it to me!

Thread: Found an old DW-8200 Frogman at my brother's house and he gave it to me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Found an old DW-8200 Frogman at my brother's house and he gave it to me!

Lookie what I got today :) I was at my brother's house trying to put his HP printer on his network and found this lying next to his printer. I asked if I could have it and he gave it to me without hesitation. He's pretty sure it works and said it most likely just needs a new battery. I rinsed it off and the band retainer thingie disintegrated, though the band is nice and strong.
    I've already searched online for a new band/bezel, but every site I checked said parts are discontinued.

So, my questions for you experts:

1. Will a newer Frogman band and/or bezel fit this one? I don't mind covering up the "G-Shock" and "Titanium" wording around the module as long as it fits.

2. Anyone interested in buying it IF I can get the module working after a battery change AND can't find a replacement band/bezel? Just wondering if the interest is out there....I'm not yet sure if I'm going to sell it.
    :thanks

Currently:

Rolex Milgauss 116400GV
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster 300M ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003.007.90210.WTF.BBQ.LOL.187.911. 12345
    Omega Seamaster 300M 2254.50.00
    Omega Seamaster 166.002
    Seiko SKX007K2
    Seiko SARB035
    G-Shock
    GMWB5000D-1

Re: Found an old DW-8200 Frogman at my brother's house and he gave it to me!

repair it and fix the module.....with a fresh battery......
    i'm sure you can find the right bezel and strap for it.....
    watches are meant to tell times..

No it won't fit unfortunately. But there are many DW-8200 series spare straps available on-line. auction sites mainly.

It's pretty beat up Frog but it looks like the bezel did well what it was intended to do - protect the case and crystal.
    The case actually looks great, with a little luck and good scrub, you'll have a decent classic Frogman for not a lot of $$ invested.

Keep it, I'd say.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Hmm...

I use a GW-200 strap on my 8200 and it works fine.
    Only the tough solar label is strange...

Awesome find As mentioned, band/bezel can easily be found on one of the auction sites.

Thats awesome!

I've seen those bezels on ebay from time to time.

Would this work?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Casio-G-Shock-Fr...d=p3286.c0.m14

Yes, you need 8200 parts for it to fit. Order a new case gasket from Casio too. It's part #74211529. You'll want to change that when you replace the battery. Should look nice once you fix it up. It looks like it's a DW-8200-1A BTW.

Awesome find, you just got lucky on that one! I'm afraid the only thing I could find over at either one of my older brothers houses would be hotrod parts, you would probably be surprised how good that thing would clean up, firm bristled tooth brush and some dishwashing liquid, would get you by until you could replace the bezel and strap.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

It looks like I'll be keeping this one since I was able to find a new band & bezel, though I'll have to wait a while to buy it because it's about $100! Hopefully it's still there when I have the funds.

This Frogman has been put to good use and has held up very well. There are white paint specks on the band and a lot of the sharp edges on the band & bezel are smoothed out. The crystal just has one minor scratch above the dial.
    Currently:

Rolex Milgauss 116400GV
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster 300M ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003.007.90210.WTF.BBQ.LOL.187.911. 12345
    Omega Seamaster 300M 2254.50.00
    Omega Seamaster 166.002
    Seiko SKX007K2
    Seiko SARB035
    G-Shock
    GMWB5000D-1

If I didn't "need" money, I'd keep it.

Caseback and top look good. Should be a nice Frog to add to your collection after the restoration.
    I bet your brother will be surprised when he sees it again restored.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information