Foxy little number
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Foxy little number

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Foxy little number

Had this on watch on the 'bay which ended just now. I bid a couple of times at 15 mins to go until mine was the highest.

No other bids came in at all so it was mine for just over £30.

The seller says he's had it since new 20 years ago and it's been in his drawer for 19 of them! Apparently the battery only gave out around 6 months ago quite possible if he never actually used the thing I guess?

The light button is easily replaced, (he says he thinks he got insect repellent on it?). Hopefully the bezel is solid as I don't believe you can get them in this colourway now?

Seller's photos below:

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    Worker, Dxnnis, Rocket1991 and 6 others like this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Re: Foxy little number

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Had this on watch on the 'bay which ended just now. I bid a couple of times at 15 mins to go until mine was the highest.

No other bids came in at all so it was mine for just over £30.

The seller says he's had it since new 20 years ago and it's been in his drawer for 19 of them! Apparently the battery only gave out around 6 months ago quite possible if he never actually used the thing I guess?

The light button is easily replaced, (he says he thinks he got insect repellent on it?). Hopefully the bezel is solid as I don't believe you can get them in this colourway now?

Seller's photos below:

Nice score mate love the fox fire just looks so much better. The bezel is obtainable for about £20 + import from japan, there is a seller i use and just checked his his items and he has some in stock

TikTox also has the bezel for the DW-6900G-9V, which looks basically the same.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kevio View Post
    TikTox also has the bezel for the DW-6900G-9V, which looks basically the same.
    Thanks kevio, I didn't even think to check there, *slaps forehead*

kevio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken_Munki View Post
    Nice score mate love the fox fire just looks so much better. The bezel is obtainable for about £20 + import from japan, there is a seller i use and just checked his his items and he has some in stock
    Cheers mate, but it seems TikTox has them as well which will obviously be the much cheaper option.

I'm gonna wait until it arrives anyway as maybe the original on it is still good, can't really tell from the photos whether it just needs a clean or is damaged.

Drunken_Munki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Cheers mate, but it seems TikTox has them as well which will obviously be the much cheaper option.

I'm gonna wait until it arrives anyway as maybe the original on it is still good, can't really tell from the photos whether it just needs a clean or is damaged.

No problem mate , i always forget about tiktox. Even though a friend of mine has place a few orders with them recently. He said that they have been really good recently so hopefully it's another new set of owners or had PayPal kick their ass a little about how rubbish they were.
    sodamonkey and Dxnnis like this.

*UPDATE - W/PHOTOS*

Arrival yesterday, apart today!

Here are some pics and info as I went:

Doesn't look too bad, maybe just a clean at first glance:

But no, it's as I thought might be after it apparently sitting unused for 19 years, the resins are sticky and too discoloured, also the bezel has a split each side:

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

So I stripped it all, the buttons are a bit stiff and don't return brilliantly, hopefully a soak in warm soapy water might work?

I took the module out and resealed the case so I could soak it and also see if it leaked anywhere. Bingo! No water ingress, so all cleaned up and a new battery in:

Now, while I order new resins for it to get it back to original form, I had useable black 6900 straps. The only spare 6900 bezel I have is one I bought on a whim at least a year ago and never used since! I don't really like jelly bezels on a black case as I think it looks "dirty", but actually for a temporary fix it actually looks pretty funky:

Not withstanding the G button, (I have one on order from Casio UK), everything looks great, even more so once it has new boots when they arrive!

Cheers!
    Last edited by sodamonkey; 1 Week Ago at 12:33.

Pretty sweet! I have the same watch too!!. I like it because it's a Japan G, but also it's very accurate for an old watch- just lucky with module lottery I guess. Surprised you can still get the G button

MI MAX 2 / Tapatalk
    ~~: Vintage Screwback & Classic/JDM G collector :~~
    Screwbacks {DW5000C.. {DW5200.. {DW5400.. {DW5500C.. {DW5600C-1, 1V, 9V, 9CV, 5600B-3V, 5600D-1.. {DW5700..
    {DW5000-1JF.. {GW5000-1JF..
    Illuminators DW5300 DW6600, DW6600B, DW6600G-9V, DW6695-A, DW069, Dw6900, DW6900BF, DW8300 DW8120
    Other Watches: Rolex 116300 ( DatejustII), Orient Conductor, Sandoz Submariner.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidro View Post
    Surprised you can still get the G button

MI MAX 2 / Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's still used in loads of 6900's, especially black ones.

I usually go to Casio UK parts dept, even though it's not always in stock they still have it to order, just takes a couple of weeks.

Dxnnis and Adam020 like this.

Are you sure the button is discolored? It looks like sticker residue on the light button

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information