Fresh G Shock got 1st beauty mark :(

Thread: Fresh G Shock got 1st beauty mark :(

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Off Topic post Fresh G Shock got 1st beauty mark :(

I was just playing with my dog and a felt a distinct tooth make contact with my new GWX 5600 7 CR. It's right next to the G in G Shock and is uber noticeable IRL. Sigh...

Name:  gscratch.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  14.6 KB

Sorry bout the camera pic that's grainier than butt love with E Honda.

Should I be proud of this first introduction to the real world to my new G? It's such a glossy model and the scratch exposed the dull ceramic underneath. Is there some touch up paint I can get? It's all I can look at ahhhhh! Halp! Either this eyesore goes or my dog does.

Re: Fresh G Shock got 1st beauty mark :(

It's a G-Shock! It is made for some tough love, even if it is from a canine... Sorry to see that happened though. I know my dogs would love to put a few good chews on my watches. Not sure what you could touch it up with. You may be able to find a replacement bezel for it if it ends up really bothering you. I just look at it as now you dont have to worry about babying it as much.

How do you like that watch and display? I keep reading that the display can be hard to read and the buttons are harder to push than past 5600's since they are recessed more. I had that model as one to get until I read those reviews.

I felt bad after i scratched the crystal on my prg-40 after just pottering around the house ? but ive got use to it now and like G's these are waches to be knocked around a bit, battle scars i like to call them lol,

paul

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Get rid of the dog.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Welcome to the forum.

The first blemish on a watch is never good, but it's a G-Shock so at least it's still working fine. Damage to the resin parts can sometimes be rubbed off. It can take some time to see how bad it really is.

My dog has been nice enough not to bite my G-Shocks, but there's a chance that one day she will give it a thorough tough test of her own.

I wear my G's when I know there's a chance they will pick up a knock - and they do - and that's what they're for.

If it really bugs you you can almost certainly source a replacement - but honestly, what the mark is is just the watch doing what you bought it for.

Wear it on with pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    Get rid of the dog.
    That's why my dog lies meter under the ground in the forest.
    (Just kidding) But I'm happy without a dog:)
    Have a great day!

?
    just kidding, but who knows? That would really bug me too - sorry to hear about it. I like to keep mine pristine as well, but hopefully you can look past it after a few days - it is still a really awesome watch, which most other people will notice long before the nick :)

Your dog has good taste~No pun intended.

Well you dont have to worry about the next ding. If you think this is a keeper you might want to get a spare bezel. The white ones show the most marks. I remember when someone just grabbed a red rug to move, he had a very similar color G shock and the red would not come off his white bezel

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information