frog on hells kitchen? - Page 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: frog on hells kitchen?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Member starscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,028

    Re: frog on hells kitchen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Bacteria spreading from wearable wrist devices is greatly exaggerated. Most bacteria comes from the hands or the mouth when talking. So it would make more sense to ban chefs from talking when cooking but then we could not have cooking shows on TV!


    Poor dude wearing a fake Froggie... lets hope he reads this thread so he can correct his mistake!

    Attachment 1471496

    Attachment 1471500

    DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Back! we missed ya!!!

  2. #12
    Member Deepsea_dweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    26,487

    frog on hells kitchen?

    Quote Originally Posted by starscream View Post
    DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Back! we missed ya!!!
    Yeahhhhhhh
    Joakim !!!!! Finally you're back Forget Ramsay's bacteria and all the hygiene stuff .....

    Glad you're back That what really matters
    Last edited by Deepsea_dweller; April 26th, 2014 at 21:42.
    starscream and gripmaster like this.

  3. #13
    Member gripmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mostly Mountains
    Posts
    2,736

    Re: frog on hells kitchen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post
    Yeahhhhhhh
    Joakim !!!!! Finally you're back Forget Ramsay's bacteria and all the hygiene stuff .....

    Glad you're back That what really matters
    100%!!!

    Thats the news of the day!!!!!

    All hail Joakim!!! (Sorry starscream...)

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Jersey, near Philadelphia
    Posts
    145

    Re: frog on hells kitchen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasabor View Post
    Agree with that. Not only wearing a G. Wearing a watch or else as a chef,surgeon or something is not done in my opinion.
    in my opinion this comment is ridiculous. I perform surgery twice weekly and have no idea why wearing a watch would be inappropriate. It's no more inappropriate than wearing a shirt. Microorganisms can contaminate a shirt sleeve, watch, labcoat, tie (some areas have banned ties from hospitals) or any item of clothing or accessory. Should I never use a pen because it can harbor bacteria??? Believe me, wearing a watch of any kind is not what spreads infections. Poor hygiene and not wearing gloves when appropriate or not washing hands is what leads to contamination. There's a greater chance of contamination from a doctor not washing his/her hands and using the hospital computer keyboard than a doctor wearing a watch and using gloves and washing his/her hands.

    And I don't wear a watch when performing surgery, nor does any surgeon. Any watches, rings, or any jewelry is removed prior to scrubbing for surgery and prior to gowning and gloving for the case.
    Crater, RHJones and edwing206 like this.

  6. #15
    Member Joakim Agren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,191

    Re: frog on hells kitchen?

    Oh so I have been missed?

    You made me blush...

    Name:  5430.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  236.0 KB



    This truly is the best community on the Internetz...

    Name:  funny-pictures-the-internet-is-a-series-of-tubes.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  34.0 KB

    Last edited by Joakim Agren; April 27th, 2014 at 23:37.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142


  7. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    638

    Re: frog on hells kitchen?

    Quote Originally Posted by DocD View Post
    in my opinion this comment is ridiculous. I perform surgery twice weekly and have no idea why wearing a watch would be inappropriate. It's no more inappropriate than wearing a shirt. Microorganisms can contaminate a shirt sleeve, watch, labcoat, tie (some areas have banned ties from hospitals) or any item of clothing or accessory. Should I never use a pen because it can harbor bacteria??? Believe me, wearing a watch of any kind is not what spreads infections. Poor hygiene and not wearing gloves when appropriate or not washing hands is what leads to contamination. There's a greater chance of contamination from a doctor not washing his/her hands and using the hospital computer keyboard than a doctor wearing a watch and using gloves and washing his/her hands.

    And I don't wear a watch when performing surgery, nor does any surgeon. Any watches, rings, or any jewelry is removed prior to scrubbing for surgery and prior to gowning and gloving for the case.
    In a way,you say the same as i say. Wearing a watch can contaminate. And you do not wear a watch when on surgery. But lets not make a big deal on this. We all have our opinions.

  8. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Jersey, near Philadelphia
    Posts
    145

    Re: frog on hells kitchen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasabor View Post
    In a way,you say the same as i say. Wearing a watch can contaminate. And you do not wear a watch when on surgery. But lets not make a big deal on this. We all have our opinions.
    No, we really are not saying the same thing at all. Anything can contaminate, so making any comments about watches being inappropriate to wear are ridiculous. When I'm seeing patients in the hospital, my watch is on my wrist, beneath my shirt and labcoat. So if my watch is "contaminated" so is my shirt and labcoat. So with your logic, I should simply wear no clothes when treating patients. After seeing any patients , I remove my gloves and wash my hands. As a matter of fact, I can take off my watch (especially if it's a gshock) and wash it off. Can't do that with my shirt or labcoat. In addition, when seeing patients who may be infectious, doctors put on a disposable gown that covers everything. So I will again state that wearing a watch is completely appropriate. We are not saying the same thing.

  9. #18
    Member Tetsu Tekubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, AU
    Posts
    5,998

    Re: frog on hells kitchen?



    "The kneebone's connected to the... something. The something's connected to the... red thing. The red thing's connected to my wrist watch... Uh oh."
    starscream, Jasabor and idkfa like this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin


    IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

  10. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    638

    Re: frog on hells kitchen?

    Quote Originally Posted by DocD View Post
    No, we really are not saying the same thing at all. Anything can contaminate, so making any comments about watches being inappropriate to wear are ridiculous. When I'm seeing patients in the hospital, my watch is on my wrist, beneath my shirt and labcoat. So if my watch is "contaminated" so is my shirt and labcoat. So with your logic, I should simply wear no clothes when treating patients. After seeing any patients , I remove my gloves and wash my hands. As a matter of fact, I can take off my watch (especially if it's a gshock) and wash it off. Can't do that with my shirt or labcoat. In addition, when seeing patients who may be infectious, doctors put on a disposable gown that covers everything. So I will again state that wearing a watch is completely appropriate. We are not saying the same thing.
    Well,then that is fine with me. To people,two opinions.

  11. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: frog on hells kitchen?

    Wow, the difference of opinion here! I've personally asked a line cook to make my food again after watching his Livestrong bracelet touch my burrito. Maybe it was the fact it was Lance Armstrong related.. But seemed like a health code violation to me. Personally, I think the medical field and food service field are unrelated.. I don't see many line cooks taking the Hippocratic Oath.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •