Frogman for $1,450?

Thread: Frogman for $1,450?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Frogman for $1,450?

Uh....someone just posted a Real Black Frogman on the sales forum for $1,450, what do ya'll think about that? G-Shox amaze me...some collector's will spend upwards of $1200 on a collectable 5600...but then turn down an addict, brazillian, or Real Black Frogman for $400 (too much, right?). And then there is the unpredictable factor: what G-Shock is hot, which color, make, model, etc. I can never tell how valuable any of my G-Shocks are. One day everyone wants a Revman, the next you can't sell is for $260 bucks...

Ultmately, it all amuses me and is why I love these damn watches. Personally, I think $1,450 for any G-Shock is absurd...but then again i've made some pretty absurd G-Shock purchases in my day.

What do the people think?? :-D
    When it comes to collecting watches... such a fine line between obsession and appreciation!

Damasko DA38
    Sinn 103 ST SA
    Omega Speedmaster 3515.20
    Tutima Grand Classic, Black
    Multiple G-Shocks
    Seiko Perpetual Calendar,
    Hamilton Tourneau
    Wish List: Rolex Explorer (2019 Version), Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow 1957

Re: Frogman for $1,450?

$250 is the max I have or will ever spend

?!?!? $1450.00 ?!?!? ....:-X I can get a used Seiko Marine Master for that price. :-D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i got an offer for less than half the price and pass on it...maybe it is achievable 10 years down?

I think it's best to buy Frogman when they are released. The Brazilian costed just over $200,- after release and was quiet long available, along with Blalck spots.

The Real Black is pretty rare, but I believe G-Shock's were released to be affordable, and $1450,- I can't count afordable annymore (actually I stop normally above $250,-). Only a LCD backplate, a painted ring and a different bezel makes a $1200,- difference?

Maybe it's just wait until the Japanese G-Shock hype started beginning this year will end... Maybe Frogman will be available for afforadable prices again. For the rest, I think discussing prices on Fora like these will only drive prices up.

Just my $0.02

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

REAL BLACK

I'm feeling eager to check out Sky's RB Froggie, just to see what the fuss is all about

There is an excellent Alpina on the sales forum right now which is an excellent watch and there's no interest at 975$!It was one of the most impressive pieces in Basel 2006...I don't know the seller but he started at 1250$ and going down at 975$, which is a great bargain for such a timepiece,and...no interest at all! So how can we talk about a 1450$ g-shock...it's crazy

If I was rich, I will not pay this price, I prefer travel in Japan and buy by myself.
    1500$ for a watch like G-shock, lol

Bruce-UK

Thumbs Down Re: Frogman for $1,450?

HI All,

Iam the seller that has the 'Real Black Frogman' listed for sale for '$1500 USD' on the sales forum.

I have been asked not to mention the seller that i bought this real black frogman from, i will only say that he is a well known g-shock collector that use to live in Japan, i think you know the person i am talking about.

Yes i also can't believe the price that some G-Shock's go for, but i would like to make back what i paid for this g-shock. I have had offers of $300 and $500 for my 'Real Black Frogman', this just makes me and also makes me think that i should start selling my hole collection before they are all worth nothing and only fit for throwing away.

It looks like if i don't start selling my G-Shock's i will only get back far far less than i paid for them. But iam even having problems just trying to do this.

That is all for now. .
    Last edited by Bruce-UK; September 26th, 2006 at 14:25.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information