Frogman 2000 Authenticity Question
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Frogman 2000 Authenticity Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frogman 2000 Authenticity Question

Name:  IMG_1969.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  46.9 KBI have just purchased a Frogman DW 8200F -4JR its the one released in 2000 limited edition which sold out very quickly so with pressure from the dealers at the time with Casio they released about two months later the DW8200NT version

What i want to know from someone that has the first model the F if it has the limited number stamped on the back case mine hasnt but i have seen a picture of the NT with the number stamped on the back its strange that they would iniitaly release a limited addition of one thousand and not stamp the back of the first run then when that sold out started to stamp the 2nd run .I hope the one ive got coming is genuine.See Pictures the top picture is the 2nd run of the model clearly showing the stamped number and the bottom picture is mine that i have coming with no number.
    Hope someone can clear this up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Frogman 2000 Authenticity Question

I haven't been fortunate enough to own this beautiful time piece; but I saw one on Japanese auction that does not have the limited number stamped on the case back either
    G-SHOCK/G

Name:  600x450-2012091300059.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  75.3 KB
    Last edited by angrypossum; September 18th, 2012 at 18:51.

Oh after reading more carefully I think I see what's wrong.
    You bought the DW-8200F -4JR model, not the DW-8200NT-4JR model
    I was very confused earlier because I thought the first photo is a sample of a
    DW-8200F-4JR you own. I was a bit surprised to hear that the 8200F-4JR bears a limited number.
    Now that I read more carefully I realised that the photo is not yours.
    I think that photo is most likely a
    DW-8200NT-4JR
    NT is the one bearing the limited number on the case back, not the DW-8200F-4JR

Last edited by angrypossum; September 18th, 2012 at 18:57.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Only the NT had the number stamped in the back. Only 1000 made I believe.

They then released a NT2 which was identical apart from the limited number on case back.

There is also the F model which I believe is a more metallic colour red. This one isn't as hard to find as either of the NT models.

Looks genuine to me and the caseback looks appropriate for the DW-8200F-4JR. Haven't seen too many faked 8200 casebacks.

As Paul mention the differences between the 8200F, 8200NT and NT2-4JR.
    G-Shocks
    Origins, Master of Gs, Sky Cockpits, G-Lides, Standards, Specials

G-Shock Collaborations
    Maison Martin Margiela, CLOT, [email protected], ICERC, LRG, Subcrew, Turbokolor, Brooklyn Circus, Eric Haze, Marc Aurele, Lo.wer, Stussy, Bape, Hundreds, Dee & Ricky, Krink, Nigel Sylvester, ALife, Parra, In4Mation, Illest, Wu-Tang, One Piece, Akira, Ultraman

Quote Originally Posted by angrypossum View Post
    Oh after reading more carefully I think I see what's wrong.
    You bought the DW-8200F -4JR model, not the DW-8200NT-4JR model
    I was very confused earlier because I thought the first photo is a sample of a
    DW-8200F-4JR you own. I was a bit surprised to hear that the 8200F-4JR bears a limited number.
    Now that I read more carefully I realised that the photo is not yours.
    I think that photo is most likely a
    DW-8200NT-4JR
    NT is the one bearing the limited number on the case back, not the DW-8200F-4JR

Yes thats right the part i find amazing is that they release the initial version limited addition which doesnt have the stamped number then because it sells out so quick they make another run and number them to a thousand i feel it should have been the other way around .I wonder how many of the first run the DW8200F (mine) they made?

Quote Originally Posted by watchhog View Post
    Yes thats right the part i find amazing is that they release the initial version limited addition which doesnt have the stamped number then because it sells out so quick they make another run and number them to a thousand i feel it should have been the other way around .
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the 1000-piece limited run is the 8200NT, as both Feisar and psweeting pointed out earlier
    and the second run that doesn't have the limited number is referring to the 8200NT2
    8200F is not really in the equation as far as I know
    Last edited by angrypossum; September 19th, 2012 at 06:04.

Yes thats right the part i find amazing is that they release the initial version limited addition which doesnt have the stamped number then because it sells out so quick they make another run and number them to a thousand i feel it should have been the other way around .I wonder how many of the first run the DW8200F (mine) they made?
    As has been pointed out, you have got this mixed up.

The DW-8200F, that you have, was only issued as the usual ongoing variant of the Frogman series. Many thousands will have been produced.

It is the DW-8200NT that was issued as a numbered limited edition. This watch was not even priced by Casio but was supplied to a limited number of dealers who could price it as they saw fit. We know only 1000 of these were produced that is why they are sought after and are quite valuable now.

Following tthe issue there was an outcry from G shock fans who could not get hold of this model and therefore Casio issued the non limited, normally priced, copy the DW-8200NT2. This watch is not numbered but probably fewer were produced overall than the DW-8200F as it tends to command a higher price on the market.

Here is my DW-8200NT.

Mitch
    angrypossum and Feisar like this.

Ive been confused because i read somewhere else which is what i quoted that on the 7th month 2000 the 8200F came out and then two months later because it sold out they ran the 8200NT and numbered it,

But what i want to know is why you would bring out an 8200F which is clearly the first and has the year marked on the back then all of a sudden 2 months later bring out virtually the same looking watch with the year marked on the back but then limit it with a stamp as well doesnt make sense to me you would have thought the first 8200F would have been the limited release,
    Not that it matters to me i just find it a bit strange when all of them look the same except for very minor changes.But you may be able to enlighten me to why the same looking watch is a limited one over the first one the 8200F.

i just find it a bit strange when all of them look the same except for very minor changes.But you may be able to enlighten me to why the same looking watch is a limited one over the first one the 8200F.
    Personally the pink display constitutes a major difference to me.
    Especially when you consider the differences in the value of the average dw8200 and that of the dw8200bk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information