Frogman
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Frogman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frogman

I'm looking to purchase a Frogman where is the best place to find one at a decent price. I've noticed that some have the moon and tide at the top and others have the date, I'd prefer the date.

Anyways thanks in advance!

Re: Frogman

Frogman's are a little harder to come by then other models of G-shock. Check with your local AD and see if they'll order the specific model you're looking for. Peruse the private sales corner here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clocked View Post
    Frogman's are a little harder to come by then other models of G-shock. Check with your local AD and see if they'll order the specific model you're looking for. Peruse the private sales corner here as well.

I've looked on eBay some and have my concerns about it. You ever bought one there?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you're looking for a Frogman, you should definitely:

1) figure out exactly what model and what features you're interested in. The newest model, the GWF-1000 is solar/atomic, and has the tide graph at the top of the screen. There are older models that are solar-only (non-atomic) and other older models that use traditional battery power.

2) learn as much as you can about the model(s) in question. I've purchased several G-Shocks on eBay and only had one problem when the seller wasn't truthful about the condition of the watch. However, there ARE quite a few fake G-Shocks on eBay, including some really bad fakes that people claim are Frogman models.

If you know what the model(s) you're looking for are supposed to look like and spend plenty of time on this forum and at other G-Shock sites (like casio.com and gshock.com), you might be all right buying one on eBay, especially if you're looking for a good deal on a used one.

If you just decide "I want a Frogman" and go shopping on eBay without doing any sort of proper research, that's exactly WHY there are so many hideous fakes on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by special_K View Post
    I've looked on eBay some and have my concerns about it. You ever bought one there?
    No, I have not, but I have looked. There are a lot of fakes out there and they are usually priced as such. When I was really into G-shocks, I used to do research on the fakes so I knew what they looked like. If you find one you're interested in, send the link to me in a PM and I'll attempt a legit check for you.

Frogman

Once you figure out the frog, Amazon.com is a great place to get one as well. Good prices and they are all legit, easy returns. Keep in mind the GWF-1000 model has the tide/moon graph on the face WITH the date as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clocked View Post
    No, I have not, but I have looked. There are a lot of fakes out there and they are usually priced as such. When I was really into G-shocks, I used to do research on the fakes so I knew what they looked like. If you find one you're interested in, send the link to me in a PM and I'll attempt a legit check for you.
    The OP can post the link here -- it's allowed. "Linking to live auctions is permitted for discussion purposes only. Links to incorrect, misleading or fraudulent auctions are also permitted, provided that the sole intention is to warn other members." [ Forum Rules and Guidelines - watchuseek.com ] (Asking a large group will probably get a faster response than PM'ing one person.)

Since there's an entire Fake G-Shock Report section, the OP can also start a new thread about the watch in question!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    The OP can post the link here -- it's allowed. "Linking to live auctions is permitted for discussion purposes only. Links to incorrect, misleading or fraudulent auctions are also permitted, provided that the sole intention is to warn other members." [ Forum Rules and Guidelines - watchuseek.com ] (Asking a large group will probably get a faster response than PM'ing one person.)

Since there's an entire Fake G-Shock Report section, the OP can also start a new thread about the watch in question!
    What th'! You are one of those guys who reads the rules! That is against the rule: "Reading the rules is strictly forbidden on pain of having one's Man-Card revoked, unless it is for the express purpose of castigating a member who breaks said rules." Logic rules!

Quote Originally Posted by zabat View Post
    What th'! You are one of those guys who reads the rules! That is against the rule: "Reading the rules is strictly forbidden on pain of having one's Man-Card revoked, unless it is for the express purpose of castigating a member who breaks said rules."
    And what makes you think that's NOT why I read the rules the first few times?! Four years of hanging around here = plenty of time and reason to have done just that.

I second Amazon, that's where I bought mine.
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information