FROGMAN COST IN JAPAN
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aalin13
  • 1 Post By aalin13

Thread: FROGMAN COST IN JAPAN

FROGMAN COST IN JAPAN

Hi Everyone, I live in Australia where everything is overpriced. Cheapest Frogman is around $650 AUD ($450 USD) online from Singapore.

My girlfriend is going to Japan soon. Wondering if anyone has been there in the past 12 months?
    I'd like a Brand New Yellow Frogman. Any idea of the cost for this in a regular watch shop in Japan?

Thank you, I wouldn't want to go past $400 AUD ($280 USD or 32,000 Yen)

Cheers,
    Anthony

Re: FROGMAN COST IN JAPAN

Yodobashi is showing 51,200 JPY, which I'm assuming is close to the market price. I doubt you'll find one for $400 AUD, as our dollar has depreciated a lot in the past 12 months. I got mine from Rakuten for ~$550 AUD in March last year, doubt you'll find a new one for less than that these days

By the way, I believe only the black model is still in production, and will likely be hard or expensive to get any of the coloured variants brand new
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

if by brand new yellow frog you mean the lightning yellow gwf1000 then you dont really have a snowflakes chance in hell haha
    theres only 2 options, find one and pay the exuberant price or not find one at all.

if you want a yellow frog there is still some new old stock (or near new) of older models like the dw200 on ebay for around 400au.
    occassionally you might come across the 30th anniversary 8230 but thats around 800au now

the other alternative is finding a black gf1000 to save some money then hunt down some yellow resin

i was lucky enough to buy in 2014 when the dollar was good and got a gf1000 for 350au and a set of navy and the titanium resins to go with it

im heading back to jp in may so if you need me to check follow up something for you, im happy to (:
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    if by brand new yellow frog you mean the lightning yellow gwf1000 then you dont really have a snowflakes chance in hell haha
    theres only 2 options, find one and pay the exuberant price or not find one at all.

if you want a yellow frog there is still some new old stock (or near new) of older models like the dw200 on ebay for around 400au.
    occassionally you might come across the 30th anniversary 8230 but thats around 800au now

the other alternative is finding a black gf1000 to save some money then hunt down some yellow resin

i was lucky enough to buy in 2014 when the dollar was good and got a gf1000 for 350au and a set of navy and the titanium resins to go with it

im heading back to jp in may so if you need me to check follow up something for you, im happy to (:
    Great advise! By the way, heading to Japan in May? I have my eyes on the PRX-8000T right now, wonder what the prices are like over there

One of my colleague just came back not too long ago from Japan and he said indeed the Frogman is cheaper than here in Singapore (if his info is right). You might wish to make your purchases from there but different models may have difference price variations in comparison.

I agree that Gs in Australia are a bit on the high side as I was there in March last year for my honeymoon.
    Last edited by Snoweagle; January 14th, 2016 at 15:48.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    Great advise! By the way, heading to Japan in May? I have my eyes on the PRX-8000T right now, wonder what the prices are like over there
    damn man, you always did have expensive taste lol the 8000 is hella nice tho

i can def. have a look for you. tho being a big ticket item, id have to wear it to get it through customs without having to pay gst. what a shame :p
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    damn man, you always did have expensive taste lol the 8000 is hella nice tho

i can def. have a look for you. tho being a big ticket item, id have to wear it to get it through customs without having to pay gst. what a shame :p
    Haha, not so much expensive taste, but I do buy a lot less in quantity. Buying a lot of cheaper watches tend to irk the missus, who doesn't get watch collection

I'm a sucker for titanium watches, but do want to hold off and see what casio shows at Basel this year. I'm guessing aviator and frogman are both due for updates this year, so need to think about how to best spend my 2016 budget
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

Thread Information