Frogman diver, Helium resist?

Thread: Frogman diver, Helium resist?

Frogman diver, Helium resist?

:-S

I dont know...Can resist the helium the models DW-5XXX series...?for example.:-X

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=008...3E2.0.CO%3B2-P

My hydros can resist?
    Last edited by ADAN; September 27th, 2006 at 15:15.

Re: Frogman diver, Helium resist?

i think He gas is only a concern if you stay in a saturated chamber for extended period of time during deep sea diving.

since He molecule is small and could penetrate the seal and get inside of the watch, Negative He gas pressure could built up inside the watch. and when you rise to the surface (i.e. decrease ATM pressure in the saturated chamber), the nagative pressure built up inside the watch can't excape and could eventually pop the crystal or other seal open (if the negative is great enough, pressure inside >> presure outside)

some modern diver's watch has built in He escape valve (e.g. Omega SMP, Rolex SD, Tag Heuer Aquagraph, Stowa Prodiver, etc) to release the negative pressure. Seiko does something different that uses a specially designed L-Shape crystal gasket and 1-piece case design (no caseback) to minimize He gas from getting inside of the watch in the first place and to withstand certain negative pressure.

Since Frogman has neither, i doubted it would be good for saturated diving. having said that, i think over 99.99% of diving watches [being sold] wouldn't encounter situation that requires He gas escape valve [to release negative pressure built up inside the watch]. and when you are trained to work in an saturated diving enviornment, your will acquire the proper equippment for it.

i don't even know of if any DW5XXX model would be good for saturated diving (maybe i should say any Casio models at all)

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    i think He gas is only a concern if you stay in a saturated chamber for extended period of time during deep sea diving.

since He molecule is small and could penetrate the seal and get inside of the watch, Negative He gas pressure could built up inside the watch. and when you rise to the surface (i.e. decrease ATM pressure in the saturated chamber), the nagative pressure built up inside the watch can't excape and could eventually pop the crystal or other seal open (if the negative is great enough, pressure inside >> presure outside)

some modern diver's watch has built in He escape valve (e.g. Omega SMP, Rolex SD, Tag Heuer Aquagraph, Stowa Prodiver, etc) to release the negative pressure. Seiko does something different that uses a specially designed L-Shape crystal gasket and 1-piece case design (no caseback) to minimize He gas from getting inside of the watch in the first place and to withstand certain negative pressure.

Since Frogman has neither, i doubted it would be good for saturated diving. having said that, i think over 99.99% of diving watches [being sold] wouldn't encounter situation that requires He gas escape valve [to release negative pressure built up inside the watch]. and when you are trained to work in an saturated diving enviornment, your will acquire the proper equippment for it.

i don't even know of if any DW5XXX model would be good for saturated diving (maybe i should say any Casio models at all)
    Thanks for your post.I see the World underwater record with a G-Shock(Frogman)(384 mts underwater)...No helium necesary?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by ADAN
    Thanks for your post.I see the World underwater record with a G-Shock(Frogman)(384 mts underwater)...No helium necesary?
    hi adan,

I am by far no dive expert, but I think it is save to say that NO ONE can dive so deep without a HE mixture. IMO the question is just, whether the diver had a suit on with the watch worn inside it or outside it. I would presume in that case, the watch was worn outside of the dive suit.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45
    hi adan,

I am by far no dive expert, but I think it is save to say that NO ONE can dive so deep without a HE mixture. IMO the question is just, whether the diver had a suit on with the watch worn inside it or outside it. I would presume in that case, the watch was worn outside of the dive suit.

regards, holger
    tHANKS!

REMEMBER

http://www.jamesralph.com/pages/worldrecord.html
    :gold

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Cal 45 hit the nail right atop the head

I own a Omega SMP (bond) and it has a little helium escape valve at ten o'clock, personal I like the look of it. I have never had to use it, let alone 300m/1000 ft. I read that is also the limit to wetsuit diving anything deeper needs special equipment. Only 0.1 persent of people who owns Omega seamaster ever use the helium escape valve anyway. Is the Frogman water resisted to 300m? If so that pretty good for a "chep" sport watch. Most watches I have seen a only 200m, not to say that they don't have any depper ( Seiko Prospex Marine Master is 1000m).

Quote Originally Posted by Mick no:8
    I own a Omega SMP (bond) and it has a little helium escape valve at ten o'clock, personal I like the look of it. I have never had to use it, let alone 300m/1000 ft. I read that is also the limit to wetsuit diving anything deeper needs special equipment. Only 0.1 persent of people who owns Omega seamaster ever use the helium escape valve anyway. Is the Frogman water resisted to 300m? If so that pretty good for a "chep" sport watch. Most watches I have seen a only 200m, not to say that they don't have any depper ( Seiko Prospex Marine Master is 1000m).
    This is just like the 95 percent of people who drive Hummers never touch the dirt.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Thread Information