Frogman Help!

Thread: Frogman Help!

Frogman Help!

Okay gang, need your thoughts on a decision to sell my Frogman Black Helios.
    I also currently have the std blue froggy and several Risemen. Like most of us, we struggle to wear them all!! I know this is a limited edition and love the looks, but haven't really worn it (due to my other frog and the fact that it's limited) and that if sold, better to have in excellent shape. This is hard for me since I believe a good watch should be worn, especially when it's a G.

Sell and pick up something different? or keep and break the sucker in?

Your thoughts are appreciated!!!

Ben

Re: Frogman Help!

I do own a fair number of rare models, but don't own any I don't wear. However, I don't wear the rare ones when I'm pulling crab pots or working on the roof. Maybe because of that I'm reluctant to spend the money on the really cool limited models because I want to wear them and they will lose value if they aren't in mint condition. If I had a Helios Frog, I'd wear it. Just depends on what you can afford. What is spendy to me, isn't to the next guy. I think I've rambled on enough.

Thanks, Ben

I don't own a Black Helios, but if I did, I'd wear it and enjoy using it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Emeritus

Hi, I just received my Black Helios and can't wait to wear it...it's trying to charge itself up. I plan to wear mine. That's why I bought it. It's like having a corvette and not driving it.

By the way, how long does it take to fully charge up a frogman? Does it take a charge in incandescent light or only through direct sunlight. When I took it out of the box, it was blank but quickly the time appeared with a dead battery signal. After a couple of minutes, it went blank again. After a period of sunlight sitting on the windowsill, it came back on and then, after setting the time, it went blank again while wearing it in a room with rapidly disappearing light as the sun went down. Now, blank again, I have it under an incandescent light....one hour later, still blank with the dead battery guage and "charging" flashing.

Just love the watch and the look!! Thanks again Ozzie!!

cheers,
    Tim

I wear all of my G-Shock's(not all at once) including my rare models. I am more of a wearer than a collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Patrick
    Hi, I just received my Black Helios and can't wait to wear it...it's trying to charge itself up. I plan to wear mine. That's why I bought it. It's like having a corvette and not driving it.

By the way, how long does it take to fully charge up a frogman? Does it take a charge in incandescent light or only through direct sunlight. When I took it out of the box, it was blank but quickly the time appeared with a dead battery signal. After a couple of minutes, it went blank again. After a period of sunlight sitting on the windowsill, it came back on and then, after setting the time, it went blank again while wearing it in a room with rapidly disappearing light as the sun went down. Now, blank again, I have it under an incandescent light....one hour later, still blank with the dead battery guage and "charging" flashing.

Just love the watch and the look!! Thanks again Ozzie!!

cheers,
    Tim
    Hi Tim, it can take a while to charge a fully depleted cell in one of these. If you have a compact flourescent bulb around use it, it won't throw the heat an incandescent or halogen will so you can get fairly close to the watch with it. here's a link that will give you an idea of various charge times. The module in that should be a 2422. Once you get it charged it will stay there with moderate time in just about any light. Have a blast with it. Mike.

http://world.casio.com/wat/support/e...solar/battery/

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mholje
    Hi Tim, it can take a while to charge a fully depleted cell in one of these. If you have a compact flourescent bulb around use it, it won't throw the heat an incandescent or halogen will so you can get fairly close to the watch with it. here's a link that will give you an idea of various charge times. The module in that should be a 2422. Once you get it charged it will stay there with moderate time in just about any light. Have a blast with it. Mike.

http://world.casio.com/wat/support/e...solar/battery/
    Thanks mholje!! That's fantastic information, I bookmarked the page!! My MTG 950 came with a charge so there was no problem at all. Never had a problem as my watch sat in a windowsill when not in use.

I'll leave it in the window just like the 950 and sooner or later, it'll have a full charge.

cheers,
    froggggahollllic Tim

Thread Information