Is the Frogman increasing in price?

Thread: Is the Frogman increasing in price?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is the Frogman increasing in price?

I'm wondering if the Frogman watch series is increasing in price.
    I have a few 8200s and GW-200s and I'm wondering if I should hang onto them or buy more. Will they increase in value?

I seem to remember 2 or 3 years ago, the 8200s on Ebay were selling cheap. Now they really seem to go for a lot. I bought my (slightly used) 8200 in Japan for only 10,000 yen (about $100) in 2000. Seems I was really lucky and got a cheap price.

So, I guess the main question is "will they increase in value?" Or are they just a 'plastic watch' that will drop in value year by year as Casio releases new models with better technology?

Re: Is the Frogman increasing in price?

I have a feeling the prices of Frogmans are reaching their peak the past few months (around the release of the Black Dawn Frogman?), and maybe will go even higher when Casio is no longer producing Frogmans, but it is really hard to predict the price trend. If Casio decides to make a new Frogman model next year that looks way better than its predecessors, the price of previous models might just drop, but it's just my take anyway.

I've been watching the prices on auction pretty closely as I'm looking for a cheap 8200. They've steadily risen over the past two months but I think/hope they've peaked now. They couldn't go much higher, could they ? At least not for used models anyway. 300-400 for used 8200's, with wear and fading, is too much imho.
    All depends on whether they keep selling for those prices I guess and whether new models are released as watchluver mentioned. I must admit, I've been tempted to sell my Triple Crown, which I paid 180 for second hand, for a tidy profit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't spend more than £150 on a Frogman, after that price you can simply buy better quality watches from other brands.

Unless of course your after a rare collection piece.

Watches are frickin evil!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by hoochy View Post
    I wouldn't spend more than £150 on a Frogman, after that price you can simply buy better quality watches from other brands.

Unless of course your after a rare collection piece.

Yes, I share the same thoughts as you. I rather get a Seiko Orange Monster than pay that high price. In fact, I am tempted to get one from local dealer

Indeed, if I had to choose between my Frogman or Orange Monster, the Monster would win every time. So much watch for the money!

Although maybe someone will build the watch in my avatar and I'll have the best of both worlds!

Watches are frickin evil!

Unless you're a collector, wouldn't you be better off getting a GW-9100 (they look far better imho as well)?

I'm with you guys...you can get much better watches for those prices.

I haven't been around long enough to know what the market is doing... but as a prospective owner I can tell you that I wouldn't pay more than the current prices. Infact, I wouldn't even spend $200 on a new Frog right now because I would rather save the money and buy a solar atomic Frog when they release it.

- Chad

The prices for the frogmans are very unstable and will drop during certain months. Now you see a brazilian going for USD500-USD800+, the next moment it can't even sell at USD400.

I'm asking this because I'm thinking about buying as many of the 8200 and GW200 series as I can. I figured that in a year or 2 they will be very hard to find. Is this a crazy idea?
    Thanks for your comments!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information