WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

frogman price and etc etc mpla mpla

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  a-Tom-ic 
#1 ·
i am not into digital ....but
every watch has its use and also its price
frogman is a divers watch that a diver would buy first as pro watch
searching the web for a frogman i saw thousands of versions and colours
my eye stopped on icerc versions all of them fantastic and with a purpose i agree 100%
wanted to buy one i found out most of the owners ask double prices for a used watch .listed prices were 25000 to 30000 yen and they ask now for 500 to 600 $
are they crazy?
i also want to know if all versions are made of titanium and the differences between japan models and others
thanks

#2 ·
Which ICERC Frogman do you want?

The prices will be high for any that are sold out, rare and desirable. Those might just be the fair market prices now.

Most are titanium, but the latest GWF-1000 is stainless steel, as are a handful of the old ones. There's a lot that have been only released in Japan. The packaging is usually the only difference between the Japanese ones and exports models.

#4 ·
That's a very subjective question. The Frogman is a very well made digital divers watch, completely overpriced of course, but that's economics 101, when something is desirable, the price is higher. I own two; a 200 series and the new GWF1000 series, and while pricey, to me they are worth it.

#7 ·
yes these are the watches
yesterday i bought a mudman camo....seems nice
i have seiko,oris,hamiltons ,marathon,swatch archimede .
the mudman seems like a toy to me but somehow i like it.
i like the alarm and the feeling of the military look...
cheap watch much better than swatch i think
i believe i will buy a frogman if iwe s find the colour i want and thats it
casio is good for diving and here in greece during summer most of the time spend it underwater

#11 ·
yahoo auctions in Japan has them. There are normally 3-4 of them up about all the time. They are expensive. Brazilians seem to be rarer now days. Haven't see one on yahoo Japan for weeks now.

#13 · (Edited)
i am not into digital ....but
every watch has its use and also its price
frogman is a divers watch that a diver would buy first as pro watch
searching the web for a frogman i saw thousands of versions and colours
my eye stopped on icerc versions all of them fantastic and with a purpose i agree 100%
wanted to buy one i found out most of the owners ask double prices for a used watch .listed prices were 25000 to 30000 yen and they ask now for 500 to 600 $
are they crazy?
i also want to know if all versions are made of titanium and the differences between japan models and others
thanks
Well... are people crazy to pay for Ferari? And would that same car cost as much and be as popular if it's called KIA? Obviously not...

With Frogman folks pay because it's well... frogman... new atomic version is loaded with expensive features like DLC but if you were to call it something else other than "frogman" they would be able to charge no more than 300 bucks. But even at 300 many would rightfully argue that 300 is a lot of $$$ for what really an oversized bulky digital watch. Even a words like "divers" on it are nothing more than a marketing ploy. Let's face it... EVERY G is a VERY GOOD and proved divers watch...

Frogman has a very special place in collector history. Generally those who like it LIKE IT A LOT and are ready and willing to fork big bucks for it... why? Because we like EVERYTHING about it. Size, features, DLC coating, stile... you name it...

I'm one of those who's big time sucker for frogs.

Is it worth 600-700 bucks or more? To you maby the answer is no... but to me ... hey... I like it, I can afford it and I go for it...

It really is that simple.

Cheers

#14 ·
i believe g shock fans are really fanatic with casio.
in other forums i ve seen many arguments about technical details quality or sales policy....but
if you buy a steinhart now even a limited edition iam sure in 10 years you will sell it 1$
and with frogman you bought it 1$ before 10 years and now it costs 600$
:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d
its a situation you can only see it with rolex
therefore casio is the rolex of digital watches
2.in yahoo japan auction i can see frogman that i would buy in seconds
how can you bid or buy from them?

#15 ·
The Frogman is unique in that regard, yes. :) But I still wouldn't buy one unless I genuinely liked the style and would wear the heck out of it. Also, we've yet to have a good grasp on what the depreciation or appreciation of the new GWF-1000 series Frogs will be.

As to the second question, check out fromjapan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.