WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Frogman questions

1K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  LJUSMC 
#1 ·
Hey guys. It's been awhile since I've had a G-Shock and I've been thinking of getting a Solar/Atomic Frogman since the features became available on the Frogman. I'm currently looking at the GWF-1000 and think I'll finally pull the trigger today. My job requires that I wear a very accurate watch and while I've been just wearing my Marinemaster, I like the idea of having something atomic and the Frogman would be much more at home as much as my watches get knocked around while working. I'm not one for wearing anything too basic no matter what I'm doing and something feels special about the Frogman where I'm sure I'll wear it much more than just for work. Anything I should be aware of? For reference I've had a Giez and a few random ana/digis over the years. I loved the Giez and the Frogman is the first G since that one that has drawn me in quite like this.

#2 ·
Only thing to be aware of is that it is a big watch with a long lug to lug and a long strap. Depending on your wrist size, this may or may not be a problem. I had one, but sold it due to the size. Apart from this, it is an awesome watch, and definitely feels a lot more premium than most G

#9 ·
View attachment 11816506
Also tried this watch at at a store and it's also 53mm and actually didn't wear so big, so the Frogman much feel similar which is great.
But keep in mind that this Citizen has a lugless case, so the strap hugs the wrist better than a similarly large watch with normal lugs.

Reactions: watchw
#16 ·
The Frogman is a well constructed, quality watch. I bought one in December 2015, after always wanting one for years. I do have a smaller sized wrist (6.5") and the Frogman was too bulky for my liking. I ended up selling it (after wearing it fewer than 12 times) to another G collector. He was very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.