Frogman Real Black Question

Thread: Frogman Real Black Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frogman Real Black Question

Hello all, I recently purchased a Real Black Frogman, YES a Real Black from another member. I was so excited about the purchase, a real black Frogman to add to my collection, finally my searching was over!
    On the add the seller did disclose a flaw on the watch which was that on the bezel next to the mode botton that there was a chip on the bezel botton protector. I right away purchased a new bezel and band and waited for the watch to arrive.
    When the watch arrive I saw the diclosed chip on the bezel, but then closer inspection I noticed that the mode botton was actually scraped and a chuck of the button was removed that you finger nail will actually go in!
    When I asked the seller about the watch he told me the watch was FLAWLESS other than the bezel.
    I have since contacted the seller wanting a refund or some kind of compensation, but he just basically telling me tough luck.
    What should I do guys?
    I will disclose the seller name if this will help others not getting what they pay for and getting ripped off by this person if you guys want me to, since he is selling more on WUS.
    All other buying and selling on this great forum have been a great experience! But I wanted to include this recent one, maybe this will help me get somewhere since he is not responding to PM's.

Have a great Sunday everyone
    Andrew
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The Great Oak in the forest, was just a little Nut who held his ground"

Re: Frogman Real Black Question

Wow this sucks. I'm not sure what you can do but I say if he continues refusing a refund expose his name for SURE.

Quote Originally Posted by kaywalker View Post
    Wow this sucks. I'm not sure what you can do but I say if he continues refusing a refund expose his name for SURE.
    Have this bugger pulled up on this forum. That is about all you can do, I am afraid.
    Last edited by Kaiser T; August 15th, 2010 at 18:47.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Asphaltman View Post
    Hello all, I recently purchased a Real Black Frogman, YES a Real Black from another member. I was so excited about the purchase, a real black Frogman to add to my collection, finally my searching was over!
    On the add the seller did disclose a flaw on the watch which was that on the bezel next to the mode botton that there was a chip on the bezel botton protector. I right away purchased a new bezel and band and waited for the watch to arrive.
    When the watch arrive I saw the diclosed chip on the bezel, but then closer inspection I noticed that the mode botton was actually scraped and a chuck of the button was removed that you finger nail will actually go in!
    When I asked the seller about the watch he told me the watch was FLAWLESS other than the bezel.
    I have since contacted the seller wanting a refund or some kind of compensation, but he just basically telling me tough luck.
    What should I do guys?
    I will disclose the seller name if this will help others not getting what they pay for and getting ripped off by this person if you guys want me to, since he is selling more on WUS.
    All other buying and selling on this great forum have been a great experience! But I wanted to include this recent one, maybe this will help me get somewhere since he is not responding to PM's.

Have a great Sunday everyone
    Andrew
    Hi Andrew,

Mind sharing a pic on the severity of the button chip? I know you are referring to and it would be sad to see disputed like this happen. Im not taking sides on this but a pic say a thousand words. Do you also have his posted pictures that shows similar angles since the sale post pics has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by eonianaerial View Post
    Hi Andrew,

Mind sharing a pic on the severity of the button chip? I know you are referring to and it would be sad to see disputed like this happen. Im not taking sides on this but a pic say a thousand words. Do you also have his posted pictures that shows similar angles since the sale post pics has been removed.
    Sorry guys, I just uploaded the pics now. As you can see the damage is quite evident.
    Do you agree with me that the value of the watch will be affected? This is what I told the seller, but to deaf ears...he said it was flawless except for the bezel! I can except the bezel, which I can replace, but how do you fix this. How can you not disclose this to a buyer???
    Sorry Eonianaerial, I can not get the pic for the add, but they never included an angle to show the chip on the button. But again I did ask if there were any other visible flaw to be seen, and he told me the watch was flawless.

Regards
    Andrew
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Asphaltman; August 16th, 2010 at 03:20. Reason: update

On grounds of his claim, i can understand that youre upset. Perhaps a small cost return to facilitate you to source a spare button would be of help or it will be a full refund/return. Getting an unwanted 8200 case with the buttons to replace is not impossible. BUT cost can easily hover USD50-80 (approx).

Oh, yes, it will affect value as is and the seller should have been upfront about this as it is not within 'subjective' argument since it is a clear cut and obvious flaw.

I agree with eonianaerial and the OP. That button damage is pretty obvious and the seller should have disclosed it.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Quote Originally Posted by eonianaerial View Post
    On grounds of his claim, i can understand that youre upset. Perhaps a small cost return to facilitate you to source a spare button would be of help or it will be a full refund/return. Getting an unwanted 8200 case with the buttons to replace is not impossible. BUT cost can easily hover USD50-80 (approx).

Oh, yes, it will affect value as is and the seller should have been upfront about this as it is not within 'subjective' argument since it is a clear cut and obvious flaw.
    Yes exactly, this is what I told him. I wanted a refund or compensation for buying the neccesary replacement parts.

I am the seller of this watch and am here to let all you people know that there will be no refund or compensation.

I sold this watch because I got fired from my job, in fact i sold off ALL of my frogman(s) and so far its only this instance which has left a sour taste. Never had a negative reply or feedback from all my previous transactions before.

I described to my full honest extent the description of the watch before seling it off. I got this this watch in THAT condition for US$900 and only wore it twice. No drops, no going for diving whatsoever with this watch as I know how rare this watch is. I initially wanted to sell it off for US$750 but brought the price down to US$600 due to my savings running out and being desperate to raise funds for my family's expenditure and mortgages.

Andrew the buyer initially offered me US$500. I contacted him and offered the same pricing. However, he responded with a newer offer of US$485 inclusive of shipping and Paypal charges. I had no choice but to sell it off as I was really in need of cash. I was glad to be able to raise the cash, even though I made a loss of almost 50%. Then this had to happen.

Why don't you people try being jobless and almost penniless for a change?
    It would make you think of priorities and the what nots instead of being trivial and petty. This is absolutely the last time I'm selling or buying ANYTHING off this forum as I do not have the capacity to do so anymore.
    I let myself be known instead of waiting for Andrew to expose me.
    I hope this serves as a lesson to all of us here.

My name's Adzri (aerysg in this forum) and i'm from Singapore. I do not feel aggrieved or shameful to expose myself as I feel that its only right I do this due to being unable to offer compensation or refunds. And do not worry about the other watches in the sales forum that i'm trying to sell, they have all been sold off. Thank you WUS for letting me conduct my sales and exposing me to this community. Goodbye

Were pictures exchanged of the damage before the watch was purchased?

You said that he told you of the damage. It then becomes your responsibility to request pictures and do you due diligence to research your purchase.

If you requested photos of the damage and he refused to comply then that is a totally different animal.

I guess I will be the oddball opinion but if you knew it was damaged and still made the offer to buy the watch, you got what you asked for.

As far as the original seller, buddy I have been there. Lost my job the week before one of my kids had to have heart surgery(both of my children have had heart surgery). There is no worse feeling than selling the things you love to provide for your family. Especially things that you worked for years to collect or purchase. Good luck in the job hunt.

I would suggest a job with UPS. I recently read where they pay $28 per hour starting out. They have fantastic benefits and you stay in good shape lugging boxes in and out of buildings. May not be the most prestigious position but it is a job with a company that is stable and not going anywhere.
    Waiting to buy the new 9110
    G 9100-1
    GW 9200-1
    GW 9000A-1
    G 9000MS-1
    DW 5600MS-1
    Luminox 3001 Navy Seal Dive Watch
    Luminox 1582 Sea Series Diver
    Swiss Army 1884 Officer's Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information