Frogman size question
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Frogman size question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frogman size question

I need some help from the gurus in this forum. I am looking at buying a GW-200Z but I am unsure if it will be too big. I understand it is smaller than the GWF-1000.

I am a pretty big guy (220 lbs and 6'4") but I have 6.5" to 6.75" wrists. They are pretty flat, which seems to help.

I can pull off a G9000 Mudman pretty easily and could go larger. I have tried on a GA-100 and GA-110 but they look way too large. A GD-350 looks okay in plan but it's too thick.

Here are some wrist shots:

Can I make it work or am I just kidding myself? I know I can't get a completely accurate assessment but a resounding "yes, do it" or "no way, stick wrists" would put my mind at ease.

EDIT: The last picture of the Mudman is probably the most telling, close ups often make the watch look much larger. Here is a good side profile of some Monsters:

Last edited by idkfa; December 21st, 2013 at 22:23.

Re: Frogman size question

Usually it helps to tell on which hole are you wearing your current g-shocks, 5600 for example... if you are wearing it on 6th hole (counting from the lug down), then you should be ok.

I'm at 6 holes on all my 5600s and my Mudman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In this picture you can see a happy guy who just bought the Chiangmai shock the World edition GA-110 and he is wearing it on his right wrist, the other guys are wearing the same one:

Name:  1479538_10151892327458717_802904192_n.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  49.5 KB

Even tough it is a distant shoot you can still tell that the GA-110's wears larger than the red GW-203 ICERC Frogman. So I think you can wear the Frogman just fine.

But I also think you with your large body frame definitely can also wear a GA-110.

Close up of the Frogman:

Name:  1526356_10151892326893717_900318604_n.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  46.8 KB

Close up of their GA-110's:

Name:  1455869_10151892327508717_1746826008_n.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  26.3 KB

They have about the same wrist as yours or smaller and it looks fine to me.
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; December 22nd, 2013 at 12:12.
    Crater likes this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Wow, if a Frogman is too big for you, then it will be too big for most of us out there especially in Asia ...

If you are at the 6th hole chances are you will be on the 4th or 5th for Frogman. For me it is usually the 3rd but could be 2nd in the dry winter here. I'm so used to king (GX-56) that other Gs seem not large enough IMO. Gs accommodate wrist sizes pretty well with so many holes so it is very unlikely you will run into one that is even too loose on the first hole unless one have extremely small wrists. So it's mostly just a matter of personal taste as to whether the bezel is too large for you. In that case being a subjective question your best bet is to visit a shop and try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
    I'm at 6 holes on all my 5600s and my Mudman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wear my 5600 on the 7th hole but I could do the 6th for a snug fit, so my wrists are not much different than yours. I find the 200 series to be a good size and not too large.

I cannot wear gx-56 Kings or GWF-1000 frogs because they seem way too big on me.

I think the only thing to get used to with the 200 series frogman is the shape. If you like the shape/look of it, I can't imagine the size is going to be much of a problem.

It's usually not the watch that's too big... it's the strap that's too long, making the watch look too big
    gripmaster and idkfa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    It's usually not the watch that's too big... it's the strap that's too long, making the watch look too big
    Agreed. The GW-200 Frogman straps also don't conform well to narrow wrists. Kind of like the DW-6900/DW-6600 straps. That's what makes them look truly huge. For this reason, I wear my Frogmen with strap adapters and one-piece straps. The watches are more comfortable, and look better on small wrists this way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Crater, greg1491, idkfa and 1 others like this.

In my opinion GW-200 will be OK for you. However strap will be long and you will have to cut it probably. I have almost 18 cm (7 inch) wrist and as you can see the end of the strap already visible on the photo. In your case it will be even longer

I hope that following photos of comparison with different other models will be helpful.

Last edited by Jackal211; December 22nd, 2013 at 14:22.
    Sub4, Crater, idkfa and 1 others like this.
    Casio G-Shock - 90+
    Casio MTP-1162 (RIP), MTD-1065B-1A1VEF, F91-W
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m
    Tissot Classic Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    Agreed. The GW-200 Frogman straps also don't conform well to narrow wrists. Kind of like the DW-6900/DW-6600 straps. That's what makes them look truly huge. For this reason, I wear my Frogmen with strap adapters and one-piece straps. The watches are more comfortable, and look better on small wrists this way.
    That looks awesome! What kind of strap is that? It looks like a NATO with a rubber end?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal211 View Post
    In my opinion GW-200 will be OK for you. However strap will be long and you will have to cut it probably. I have almost 18 cm (7 inch) wrist and as you can see the end of the strap already visible on the photo. In your case it will be even longer

I hope that following photos of comparison with different other models will be helpful.
    ]
    Thanks! Those pictures are very helpful.

It looks like my concerns are valid. I avoided buying 6900s due to the strap. Looks like I will need to get a replacement strap if I am going to wear a Frogman.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information