Frogman vs Riseman

Thread: Frogman vs Riseman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Frogman vs Riseman

I know Frogman is the most popular but haven't seen several people wearing it on wrists. I have seen some people wearing Riseman. Is that just people collecting Frogman because it's just too big on wrist?

Am thinking about getting the first frogman and I'm a new Riseman owner.

Re: Frogman vs Riseman

the frogman 200 series is just right on my 7in. wrist... Maybe the higher value of the frogman is the reason why people use it only on special occasions

Inactive

I'm not entirely sure, but I think other G's have wider appeal, than the Frog. Seems a little like either people love or hate the frog...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think people like the Frogman because it is just big, bold, and in your face.

And, people like the Riseman because it is just pactical in my opinion.

The Riseman gives you the temperature, and it is the only G-Shock that does that too.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

The Frogman's more expensive, right? I think that's your explanation right there.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    The Frogman's more expensive, right? I think that's your explanation right there.
    A big +1

I'd like to have a Frog purely based on aesthetics, but I couldn't justify spending that much.
    Casio G-Shock Rescue GW7900B-1
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2208.50
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50
    Omega "Bumper" Automatic
    Orient Mako
    Rolex Explorer II
    Tissot Heritage Visodate

I'd love to buy the current incarnation, thinks it's very beautiful indeed, but I'm a lefty and I don't think it would look right on my right wrist. Personal feeling. But, waiting for the moment I can try one on and be proved wrong!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheJeanyus View Post
    A big +1

I'd like to have a Frog purely based on aesthetics, but I couldn't justify spending that much.
    Some lady here was asking about a Frog for her man....$700. I couldn't justify spending that much on a plastic watch that I'm going to kick the crap out of. I couldn't ever see spending over $140-150 on a G-Shock, since it is my beater watch. I bought a $600 Hamilton (for $350) as a beater and felt bad wearing it like that, so I bought my G. No way I'd spend $700 on a Frogman and then wear it into the ground.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Banned

Yes the frogman is expensive, but for a reason. Although its a love it or hate it G-Shock, the finishing and aesthetics on a frogman is very different from any other G-Shock. Also the limited availability and unique shape makes it a favorite among those who wants to stand out. I love frogman for the above reasons.

Some of the same reasons I bought my Dive Tupperware....

1911-The most beautiful delivery system for 230 Grains of lead

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information