frogman vs riseman and mudman

Thread: frogman vs riseman and mudman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Confused frogman vs riseman and mudman

hi guys i love mountainbiking and swimming.so which one do you recoommend me to buy?can you tell me your opinions with your experiences.thanx g-shock lovers:)

Re: frogman vs riseman and mudman

Quote Originally Posted by europeseko View Post
    hi guys i love mountainbiking and swimming.so which one do you recoommend me to buy?can you tell me your opinions with your experiences.thanx g-shock lovers:)

there was a thread yesterday

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=234521

it is all about taste and your budget to sum it up

I have all 3 so I'm not biased either way, but for the activities you mention I'd go for the Mudman, it'll be the most readily available and by far the cheapest. Spare parts are plentiful too.

I personally wouldn't risk the Riseman's sensor if you fell off your bike, and the Frogman is an expensive collector's item - and not easy to get hold of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

mudman for sure, especially for mountain biking....froggies are for diving (way too costly too) and the riseman are for high altitude sports....not the mention that the mudman is the cheapest amongst all 3

Quote Originally Posted by europeseko View Post
    Considering your activities, I'd rate them in this order:

1. Riseman - the barometer can be useful if you want to know whether or not it's a good day to go biking, plus the altimeter lets you know how high you're going if you're riding uphill.

2. Mudman - the protective design of this watch inspires confidence in outdoor usage. You won't have to worry about it even if you happen to take a rather bad spill (knock on wood).

3. Frogman - titanium case is a nifty feature, but then, the only chemicals it will be exposed to other than water could be your sweat. Since G-Shocks are generally water-resistant up to 200 meters, using a Frogman for a casual swim might be overkill. If you can afford the Frogman, then fine. Otherwise, you really can't go wrong with either the Riseman or the Mudman.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

I would also suggest the Riseman for its Baro and Alto features which might come in handy with your outdoor mountain activities.

It's kinda funny people being too afraid to use their G's for fear of damaging them.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I have never been a fan of the frogman, so this one is out in my recommendation.

the mudman is a great choice for all tough and even tougher duties, it will take whatever you throw at it. should you have a very bad bike accident with several fractures, be sure the mudman will be still fine, intact and smiling

BUT...

...because of it's rather hard to push buttons, the mudman isn't very sufficient for swimming when you want to stop laps for instance. I tried it once and with wet fingers, the buttons are really a pain in the arse to press so I would overall definetely recommend the riseman. and if I may add a personal note: the G-7710/7700 series is one of the very best sports watches you can get right now, lots of useful functions, and very cheap to get - a truly winner.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

I am a mountian biker and have ridden up Mt Milson just north of Los Angeles and whent up through the clouds and ended up over them the only other time that happend was in a plane. Very cool and I wish I had the Riseman then to see what elevation I was at when I was above the clouds. One of the clearest days I can remember. If you are just going downhill then I would wear the Muddie

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Not one of your options but I would go for the Gulfman. Probably the toughest one with it's titaniumchassis, "made" for swimming and much nicer buttons than the Mudman.

And it sure got the LOOK!

Last edited by jonasz; February 19th, 2009 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTime643 View Post
    I have all 3 so I'm not biased either way, but for the activities you mention I'd go for the Mudman, it'll be the most readily available and by far the cheapest. Spare parts are plentiful too.

I personally wouldn't risk the Riseman's sensor if you fell off your bike, and the Frogman is an expensive collector's item - and not easy to get hold of.
    The Risemans sensor is not weak and will not break!

Whats up with this notion the Risemans sensor is weak?

It has been specifically designed to be up to G-Shock specs, infact the shaft design in the Riseman enhances the strenght and integrity of the watch!

The Riseman is DA BOMB for Mountainbiking so that is the one I recommend.

The Mudman and Gulfman are not thougher built, they have the same construction however the Mudman will be better at handling mud and sand and the Gulfman is even more rust resistant, other then that they are equal in my book.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information