Frogmen, please help me to identify the caseback from this GF8250

Thread: Frogmen, please help me to identify the caseback from this GF8250

Frogmen, please help me to identify the caseback from this GF8250

Hi frogmen,

I just bought the used frogman. The seller told me the bezel and straps replaced to black and there is a scratch on the caseack but noting more.

After I got the watch, I saw scratches in each slot on caseback.

So frogmen, does this mean the caseback had been opened before? If so, does it mean I lost the diving ISO?

Best regards.

Re: Frogmen, please help me to identify the caseback from this GF8250

The listing clearly stated the item was used and had photos clearly showing any marks on the back of the bezel.
    I have told you multiple times i am not the original owner of the watch and the only information i have is that the bezel/straps were change to the black version.
    If in the case a previous owner has opened the casebakc how am i to know? all i know is that openening a case back does not render the watch useless as a dive watch... It had been pressure tested and works as it should.
    Here is the photo from the listing

You purchased a used item. You had can see all the marks you have pointed out in the sales photos. And you are now demanding a refund because you have changed your mind on the basis that it "might have been opened"
    Before you filed a credit card charge back resulting in the money being sucked out of my bank account, why did you not get a pressure test?
    This will confirm the watch functioning perfectly.
    Atleast try to give me a reason to refund you for a "Significantly not as described" item which i would have done instantly, however in this case you have purchased a used item and changed your mind
    and now trying to extort me out of the payment by filing a credit card chargeback.
    Nice work, thanks for making this hard as i have never had a problem in the 20+ sales and trades i have conducted on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett2444 View Post
    The listing clearly stated the item was used and had photos clearly showing any marks on the back of the bezel.
    I have told you multiple times i am not the original owner of the watch and the only information i have is that the bezel/straps were change to the black version.
    If in the case a previous owner has opened the casebakc how am i to know? all i know is that openening a case back does not render the watch useless as a dive watch... It had been pressure tested and works as it should.
    Here is the photo from the listing

You purchased a used item. You had can see all the marks you have pointed out in the sales photos. And you are now demanding a refund because you have changed your mind on the basis that it "might have been opened"
    Before you filed a credit card charge back resulting in the money being sucked out of my bank account, why did you not get a pressure test?
    This will confirm the watch functioning perfectly.
    Atleast try to give me a reason to refund you for a "Significantly not as described" item which i would have done instantly, however in this case you have purchased a used item and changed your mind
    and now trying to extort me out of the payment by filing a credit card chargeback.
    Nice work, thanks for making this hard as i have never had a problem in the 20+ sales and trades i have conducted on this forum.
    Everthing I like to know is about the caseback. As I said, I will not change my mind unless the caseback had been opened before. Yes, you bought one used but did not tell about caseback. Why we go with Frogman? ISO!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator G-Shock Forum

If you want be shure you have 2 alternatives:

1. Buy a new watch
    2. Let your used watch be tested for water resistance

The Forum cannot solve issues with wrong expectations from a used watch.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofwatch View Post
    Everthing I like to know is about the caseback. As I said, I will not change my mind unless the caseback had been opened before. Yes, you bought one used but did not tell about caseback. Why we go with Frogman? ISO!

I think the add was pretty clear, as you can see the marks on the screwback nig it's from the GF-8250, just let it water resist check, although Brett already said it was tested.

I 100% agree with D2Mac. If you want 100% sure for ISO, buy a new GF-8250.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

you are the wrong one here, I hope you will make it right as any proud Gshock member here would do

regards,

After I got the watch, I saw scratches in each slot on caseback.

So frogmen, does this mean the caseback had been opened before? If so, does it mean I lost the diving ISO?
    It means someone scratched the caseback, probably with a caseback tool.

Was it actually OPENED? Did someone try to open it and was unable to? Did someone start to open it and then think twice about it? Nobody posting in this thread knows for sure. As mentioned, the best thing to do is to get it pressure tested.

Go read up on what ISO 6425 REALLY means: Diving watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most of those criteria aren't going to be affected one bit by the case being opened, and these watches are DESIGNED to be opened and resealed when batteries need to be changed or when automatic watches need to be serviced.

Thread Information