Frowned on wearing a G with a bussinuss suit & my recent frog fever :-)
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Frowned on wearing a G with a bussinuss suit & my recent frog fever :-)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Frowned on wearing a G with a bussinuss suit & my recent frog fever :-)

Hello guys, it's been a short while since I posted last time. This week, I have met two persons who gave me negative comments when seeing me wearing my GW-5600 with a navy blue suit, one pretty sales lady and another guy I met during dinner. I know I should wear a silver watch to go with the belt, but just didn't realize some people are so serious about it. The guy almost looks excited when criticizing me ... I don't know, I guess I probably will wear my seiko more when in a suit in the future ...

A while ago, my wife bought me a GWF-1000RD, the burning red frogman, I flipped it on an impulse and regretted it two weeks later, then I contact my Japaneses Dealer, guess what, it is already out of production by Casio, both the regular GWF-1000 and the 1000RD! After looking around I finally paid some premiums to get them both, almost at the same time,
    I got the GF-8250, too, the yellow is much better in reality... Then I figure the Buring Purple will soon be out of production soon, I should get one now when the price is right. So I ordered one from my dealer and it came in last week, but the purple digit is weird for me. However at this moment, I just send my dealer an email, ready to get the GWF-1000BS. Some one needs to slow me down.

Now I found myself not be able to compromise with a resin case anymore, I have to get screw backs...
    desire68 likes this.

Re: Frowned on wearing a G with a bussinuss suit & my recent frog fever :-)

Post some pics of those Frogs
    -Watch_Junky

I posted pics of the red frog before, and certainly no need for the regular GWF-1000, let's see some close ups on the purple By the way, the bands on purple frog feels similar with GW5000's, very soft, softer than the Burning Red, and fits my wrist better than both the other two, a nice surprise.
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 901
Size:  600.8 KB
    Name:  7.JPG
Views: 912
Size:  614.7 KB
    Name:  4.JPG
Views: 881
Size:  611.7 KB
    Name:  10.JPG
Views: 889
Size:  608.6 KB
    Hen®i, desire68 and Watch_Junky like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wear various G-shocks every day and no one ever comments on them. I got one compliment on my MIMB Gulfman once... I see a lot of people looking, but no one ever says anything. Then again, I have not tried wearing one with a suit (I almost never wear a suit anyway). I think if you are seen as self-conscious then people are more likely to comment. Wearing a G-shock with a suit is a bit of a rebelious move, and you would need to be comfortable with that. One man I know who is very well respected always wears a 5600 with his suits and the watch looks like it has been through a war, though the rest of his clothes are always nice and new-looking. It kind of makes a statement: I dress well and have good taste, but look at my watch: I am practical and experienced and reliable, and not interested in trying to impress for the sake of impressing. I don't care so much about fitting in as getting the job done.

maybe it has to do with your age ??? or the way you dress ??? i would just pick a younger shirt, or belt, or shoes, or even glasses to go with the watch ... i can't just all serious and then wear a frogman

I can somehow relate to this because I'm planning to purchase a few G-shocks that I sold a few years ago.....kinda sucks but oh well....I think I need to pick up a yellow frog as soon as I save up some money...I hear a lot of ppl say it looks better in person.
    Anthony

GW94001CR Rangeman, Seiko Astron
    SSE089 , Omega Speedmaster, Seiko Sportura ...etc.

Mark,

What is your wrist size?
    And how comfortable is the GWF-1000 fit?

I thought a black 5600 looks more serious than other Gs, (of course, I will never wear frogie with suit, unless I am the big boss ), I have done this for a while, suit with 5600, no body commented before, but it occurred to me twice in the past two days, it just made me a little nervous and more self-conscious about it. I am still very junior and prefer not to make my statement this early

@ OceanView,
    my wrist is between 6.5" to 7", depending on when/how I measure it GWF-1000 is heavier than other g's, though not nearly as heavy as my seiko or some citizens. Once get used to it, it is actually very comfortable. A loud presence.
    Last edited by mark.altern; July 13th, 2011 at 07:46.

G-Shocks are great. But honestly . . . not with a suit.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.altern View Post
    OceanView, [/B][/URL]
    my wrist is between 6.5" to 7", depending on when/how I measure it GWF-1000 is heavier than other g's, though not nearly as heavy as my seiko or some citizens. Once get used to it, it is actually very comfortable. A loud presence.
    I have a 6.75" wrist and looking at your photo makes me concerned about ordering a Frogman.
    I like heavy watches so weight is not an issue.
    But for some reason the watch looks big to me. Maybe it's the angle or something.
    As I have a small build, a big watch would look out of place on my wrist.
    Maybe post some more photos from different angles if you have some free time.

Thanks

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information