Future of Mudman, now that we have the Rangeman
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Future of Mudman, now that we have the Rangeman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Future of Mudman, now that we have the Rangeman

Hi guys,

I've been lusting after a Master of G watch, and I noticed that the new Rangeman is packed full of sensors and features. So much so that the Riseman had to go. And the Mudman (9300) only seems to have the advantage of being sand/dust-proof, for the rest it's more a "baby Rangeman", a cheaper model with less features.

Now, I am thinking of acquiring a Mudman. The GW-9300GB (JDM) has all the features I need and it looks pretty awesome, with the fully black bezel, gold accents and carbon-fiber strap. I could also purchase a GW-9400 for the same amount, but the added functionality is useless to me, and I'm not a fan of positive displays.

The problem here: What will Casio do? The current Mudman is two years old, and I'm afraid that Casio will lower the Mudman prices to differentiate from the Rangeman. Or perhaps introduce a new/upgraded model.

Now I know that nobody has a crystal ball or inside knowledge, but perhaps someone with experience in Casio product launches can shed some light on it?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by computer_freak; December 27th, 2013 at 14:06.

Re: Future of Mudman, now that we have the Rangeman

no upgrade or price drop any time soon.. cause there is this coming out next year:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014.png 
Views:	4339 
Size:	276.9 KB 
ID:	1324897

$200 and same features.. I guess depending on how this one does against the Rangeman, Casio might evaluate it's future then..

personally, I would like to see them release a Non Atomic Rangeman, which would drop the price a bit.. Then scrap the G9300 mudman and bring the G9000 mudman back! but that's just me..
    Last edited by starscream; December 27th, 2013 at 14:16.

Of the new G-Shocks I bought this month the G9000 is among my favorites. In addition to its main feature, I like the shape, display, layout, and it only cost me $70 shipped. However, I am aware Casio has put it on the back page and is promoting a newer model with more bling.

I'd like to have a Rangeman, and if I do get another G that's what it will be. It has the sensors I've always wanted in a watch and looks like an Abrams Tank, but the cheapest one on ebay is $260 for the basic black model, almost a full $200 more than I paid for my Mudman. That's just a little more than I like to pull out of my pocket at once for a watch, though I did just pay out $175 for an Aviator yesterday.

The Rangeman is the flavor of the day, much like the 350 was last spring, and rightly so, but I don't see the Rangeman laying the Mudman to rest anytime soon.
    Last edited by OCDood; December 27th, 2013 at 14:39.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good to see the Navy Mudman for 2014, I am pleasantly surprised, actually.

Modded Rangeman looks like the GB version of the Mudman:

Last edited by yankeexpress; December 27th, 2013 at 15:00.
    starscream, Reloko and jumpstat like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Good to see that the Mudman will be continued as-is for 2014. That takes away my worry of price-drops or newer models.

yankeexpress, you have a beautiful collection. Thanks for the picture. Makes it easier for me to go for the Mudman. I like how smooth and stealthy it is. Reminds me of my GW-2310FB.

Quote Originally Posted by OCDood View Post
    ... but the cheapest one on ebay is $260 for the basic black model, almost a full $200 more than I paid for my Mudman. That's just a little more than I like to pull out of my pocket at once for a watch, though I did just pay out $175 for an Aviator yesterday.
    $60+ for the Mudman and $175 for the Aviator...really?

Do tell, OCD dude...we're all ears.
    gripmaster likes this.

Solution is obviuous: it becomes the BEACHMAN!!

See here for proof:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/new...an-960204.html

seriously though... Mudman has no real justification for me anyways. it has always lacked the Altitude to be an actual outdoor watch, the way I would want it. So in that sense, the question asked makes sense. But as Starscream pointed out, there seems to be a new one coming, so it's not disappearing that fast. And there's many Gs that are only existing because they have a lot of fans, are comfortable and look good. And that certainly goes for the Mudman I think.
    To me the 9300 Mudman is a very nice watch which if it came out in new surprising colors, I would continue to add to my collection.
    As a watch for actual use in the outdoors, Rangeman has now taken over the lead.
    But I have a lot of Gs simply because they appeal to me visually. Devastator & Co... I do not ask them or expect many functions beyond the basics.
    One can of course argue that the 9300 Mudman is a bit expensive for "just time keeping", but then what do I say about my Aviators, which basically do only that plus a bit of compass work...
    anyways - interesting subject to watch... If you need my signature to keep the Mudman going on some petition, count me in!
    Deepsea_dweller and Reloko like this.

I can see the 9300 series Mudman eventually disappearing. I'd love for Casio to bring out some updated 9000 series to match the rest of the collection, maybe a new atomic/solar version that loses the five superfluous eyes on the GW-9000.
    starscream likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    Solution is obviuous: it becomes the BEACHMAN!!

See here for proof:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/new...an-960204.html
    That almost gave me a heart attack! More decisions to make! Thank god it's just a Mudman. A very pretty Mudman.

The lack of altitude on the Mudman isn't an issue for me. My country is as flat as a pancake. The nearest mountain is 130km from here, and at 300 meters it's not even officially a mountain. The only real mountain my country has is 7.000km from here.

@idkfa: the GW-9010 replaced the 5 eye and is multiband 6. And it is a cool watch.

@starscream: notice that is the non - atomic model, I understand it to be a US release. I wonder outside of Japan who will be getting the atomic?

sent with aloha
    Last edited by Chrisek; December 28th, 2013 at 00:28.
    idkfa likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information