• 1 Post By Ash1979
  • 4 Post By Ash1979
  • 1 Post By d2mac
  • 4 Post By Ash1979
  • 1 Post By kmbijit
  • 1 Post By Deepsea_dweller

Thread: G-101 Restoration Attempt

G-101 Restoration Attempt

So I bought a used G-101 for $20. The band is about to crack and the bezel is shiny with a few nicks here and there but no cracks.The watch seems to have never been opened. I got the band off using a spring bar tool, the spring bars were jammed so I dipped them in gasoline for about 10 mins and decompressed them a few times and they were fine. I checked the backlight on it and it seemed to be dim but the digits were not fading, not sure if that's how how bright the illumination is supposed to be as the LCD is amber coloured. I really don't want to do a battery change till the battery dies. Regarding the band and bezel... It's easy for me to source the band from Casio as the band seems pretty similar to the one on my G-2300 but getting a replacement bezel might be a task...I checked Ebay and the bezel was for $30 including shipping and Pacparts is charging $17 for international shipping. Haven't ordered from Pacparts before so don't know how reliable they are. Here are some pics of watch
    Last edited by Ash1979; February 20th, 2016 at 18:02.

Re: G-101 Restoration Attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Ash1979 View Post
    It's easy for me to source the band from Casio as the band seems pretty similar to the one on my G-2300 but getting a replacement bezel might be a task...I checked Ebay and the bezel was for $30 including shipping and Pacparts is charging $17 for international shipping. Haven't ordered from Pacparts before so don't know how reliable they are. Here are some pics of watch
    I've ordered from Pacparts about a dozen times and haven't had any major problems, but I'm also in the US. (The only "minor problems" I've ever had were with some of their many "out of stock, expect 1-2 weeks for delivery" items taking 2 or 3 or occasionally even 4 weeks. I solved that problem by lowering my expectations slightly and now everything works out just fine, and they've always been able to get the parts I need!)

Based on your location, you might also check UK-based Tiktox.com -- they can apparently get every part that Pacparts can (and even a few more), and shipping might not cost as much since the package won't be traveling quite as far.
    Ash1979 and idkfa like this.

Thanks for chiming in Mike... I checked Tiktox and the currency conversion (GBP to INR) will be much expensive compared to ordering from Pacparts... So I'll go ahead and order from them.
    Mike K likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

*Update*
    Finally I was able to put a new battery, O-ring, bezel and band and it's got a new life now... Had ordered the bezel and O-ring from Pacparts which took a couple of days to arrive. Will be giving it to my wife as I don't wear analogue G's... Wasn't able to take any pics while working on it but here's how it's now...

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Like new! Perfect!

*Update*
    Finally I was able to put a new battery, O-ring, bezel and band and it's got a new life now... Had ordered the bezel and O-ring from Pacparts which took a couple of days to arrive. Will be giving it to my wife as I don't wear analogue G's... Wasn't able to take any pics while working on it but here's how it's now...
    Ash1979 likes this.

My wife says my restoration project is worth a wrist shot !!!!!

*Update*
    Great job with the restoration Ashish...and did I just read it correct that Pacparts shipped the o-ring in a couple of days? How much were you charged for the shipping?

Good job Ash1979 Great duo :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    Ash1979 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post
    Good job Ash1979 Great duo :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    Thanks Tom !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kmbijit View Post
    Great job with the restoration Ashish...and did I just read it correct that Pacparts shipped the o-ring in a couple of days? How much were you charged for the shipping?
    Thanks Bijit.... Yes the bezel and O-ring I bought from Pacparts. I'd selected USPS as the mode of shipment and was charged $17. It took 11 days for the package to arrive... Below is a screen shot of the shipping details

Thread Information