G at -19c (-2.2F) and still going strong!!!!

Thread: G at -19c (-2.2F) and still going strong!!!!

G at -19c (-2.2F) and still going strong!!!!

I know this has been done so many times before, but doing it and seeing the results for yourself really brings it home just how tough these G's really are.

Last night I put my secondhand beater DW6900 in a cup of water and stuck it in the freezer overnight.

It was there for 8 hours at -19C I think that's -2.2F.

I took the first picture this morning as my son looked on thinking that I must have lost my mind!

After throwing the iced DW6900 in boiling water for 10mins, I left it to dry on the table and went off to work with my GWM5600BC-1.

Came back and found the DW6900 sat happily keeping time so I thought I'd grab a quick picture.

Only mobile photos for now but you get the idea.

Enjoy

"Great success!!"

Last edited by Mint G; July 1st, 2008 at 08:33.
    A lesson for us all...
    Louis
    : Fifty bucks? No, no, no. This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is the sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail!
    Pawnbroker: You got a receipt?
    Louis: Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.
    Pawnbroker: In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks.

Re: G at -19c (-2.2F) and still going strong!!!!

Man! Love those G's!

it survived the ice, but putting it straight in boiling water might not be a good idea, similiar to not putting boiling water on your car windscreen when its iced up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lee172 View Post
    it survived the ice, but putting it straight in boiling water might not be a good idea, similiar to not putting boiling water on your car windscreen when its iced up.
    Good point,:thanks but I wanted to see just how far I could push it. I didn't expect it to survive but it seems unharmed.
    A lesson for us all...
    Louis
    : Fifty bucks? No, no, no. This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is the sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail!
    Louis: Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.

Omg.......
    watches are meant to tell times..

Always great to see those kind of pics. Thanks, Mint G.

No doubt about it: G-Shock, the perfect choice for icecream makers.
    Last edited by Vintage; July 1st, 2008 at 02:09.

Nice experiment, after reading this my 9yr old son wants to try this at home with one of my G's.

Your test shows we have all chosen the right brand to spend our hard-earned money on, Mint G.

Regards,
    Patrick

Re: DW6900 at -19c (-2.2F) and still going strong!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ultramanpat View Post
    Nice experiment, after reading this my 9yr old son wants to try this at home with one of my G's.

Your test shows we have all chosen the right brand to spend our hard-earned money on, Mint G.

Regards,
    Patrick
    I agree Patrick, It is the right brand with the perfect balance of features and benefits.

Enjoy your own experiments - post pictures
    A lesson for us all...
    Louis

Thatís is intentional cruelty towards G-Shock
    Good to know that it survived J after all thatís why Casio makes them so strong.

Cheers :) What NEXT ?

Quote Originally Posted by sameerb View Post
    Thatís is intentional cruelty towards G-Shock
    Good to know that it survived J after all thatís why Casio makes them so strong.

Cheers :) What NEXT ?
    A good question sameerb,:thanks I'm open to offers from the community. What, if anything, would you like to see for the next step in this experiment?

Answers below please
    A lesson for us all...
    Louis

Thread Information