The G-300 Street Rider: why I like this G-Shock....

Thread: The G-300 Street Rider: why I like this G-Shock....

The G-300 Street Rider: why I like this G-Shock....

First and foremost, I like the overall appearance....both classy and stealthy all at the same time.
    Not too big nor too bulky, and it doesn't look childish or frivolous.
    And for a G-Shock it has relatively little text on the dial and bezel.

The negative digital display is a bit hard to read in certain lighting, but to be honest, I don't use the timers and alarms and such that much anyway.
    And the negative digital display really makes the analog hands standout.

More good news: the strap is very comfortable and plenty long even for my 7.75" wrist.
    Wearing it just a tad loose, I still have three more holes available.

It does have a few drawbacks....

The stopwatch only goes to 1 hour and the count-down timer is only for 1 hour as well.
    And the hands do obscure the digital displays at certain times of the day (11:00-1:00 being the only real problem times since the read out most needed is at the top of the dial).

However I think these drawbacks are minor....

I have never needed a count-down timer for more than 30 minutes.
    And if I did I could always just set one of the four alarms to the time desired.

I have used a stop-watch for longer than an hour, but not very often.
    Most things that I time are well within one hour.

This one is also basic battery powered quartz....which is good in my opinion.
    No atomic syncing to fret over.
    No solar charging to worry about.
    Just set it and forget it!

Anyway, that's why I like this G-Shock.

Cheers,
    NOM

Re: The G-300 Street Rider: why I like this G-Shock....

Great picture and a nice summary.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Nice. I enjoy reading such posts because it allows me to see the watch from others' perspective.
    When the Going Gets Tough... Get a G-Shock!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys.

I had this model at one point. Mine was the burnt orange model. I really liked it, but eventually moved it out of the collection.

Great watch!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tap likedatalk
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

love this watch too. my son has the blue one and he wears it 24/7. im still on the hunt for the ms version for myself (sorry its an ml for the g 300). congrats on a great watch and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

peace,

miguel

agreed! I got this one for my brother's birthday after he picked it out of the hundreds of g-shocks. I grew to like it on him, and... I just got the G-300ML in the mail a couple of days ago :) I love it!

I have this I got it about 4 to 5 years ago, it was love at first sight. It caught my attention the first time I saw a picture of it.

There is only one thing I wish they would improve (not sure if the current production have this resolved) on the ability of the hands to be adjusted back or forth. It is a PITA everytime I have to adjust the time as I go into a different timezone while travelling. You can only set the hands forward, so to set from say 1pm to 12pm you will have to keep the button pressed until it forward 11 cycles to 12pm!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice review. that model is currently my beater g-shock if ever there was such a thing. bought it 4 years ago still ticking with the original battery
    Current collection: Ball Hydrocarbon Magnate Black/ Ball Hydrocarbon Magnate White/Omega SMPc 300M 2019/Omega SMP Black MIDsize 300M /Omega Speedmaster professional moonwatch/PAM luminor marina 0796 destro/Rolex datejust 1601/Rolex Date 1500 /Rolex 116610LN /Rolex Datejust II 116300 black roman/ Rolex Explorer II polar 216570 /Rolex Explorer 1 214270 /Rolex GMT master 2 BLNR 116710/Tudor black bat steel and gold 79733N/ Tudor Pelagos LHD/Tudor black bay burgundy ETA/ TAG F1 Blue /Bucherer Chrono Blue/ Orient Blue MAKO /Invicta Abyss 2845 /Casio G-Shock G1250BD-1ADR /Casio G-Shock G1200BD-1ADR /Casio G-Shock GA-100 /Casio G-Shock G100bb-1A /Casio G-Shock G100cu-3A /Franchi Menotti square av chrono /Seiko SNZH51 /Seiko SBDC001 /Seiko SBDC005 /Seiko SARBO33 /Seiko SRPB01K1/ Seiko SKX013 /Seiko SRPC91k1 /Seiko SRPC95k1 /Seiko 6309 0740 '84 Incoming:

Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    nice review. that model is currently my beater g-shock if ever there was such a thing. bought it 4 years ago still ticking with the original battery
    Same here, it has been 4 to 5 years and was a little surprised I haven't had to change the battery yet. Touch wood I hope the battery last for a while more before having to change it :D An interesting info I read from Casio's site is that it actually has two batteries in it not one, maybe that is the reason for it lasting this long.

Thread Information