G-315RL slow analogue time question

Thread: G-315RL slow analogue time question

G-315RL slow analogue time question

A friend of mine has got a G-315RL, which is an ana-digi G-shock. He has worn it for about 1 year and now this issue has arosen: the digital time is still accurate as usual, but the hands are losing time: he adjusts the hands to the correct time and then after about 1 week the time is about 2 minutes slow! (while the digital time, and the hourly chime, is accurate). This is bad for him as he likes to read the time from the analogue.

Does this mean the battery is weak? He says they told him when he was buying the watch that the battery would last at least 2 years.

I am a bit concerned about this, cos as I mentioned in another thread, he is my only colleague who wears a G-shock and we often discuss our G-shocks and so I am sorry to see he is having problems with his.

Any ideas what the problem could be or what could solve the problem?

Re: G-315RL slow analogue time question

This may be way off base but some use two batteries. So maybe one of them may be getting weak. I'm not familiar with your model so this is wild speculation. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about your module can confirm or deny this.
    It's always sunny in Boise!!

Re: G-315RL slow analogue time question

Quote Originally Posted by madman01 View Post
    A friend of mine has got a G-315RL, which is an ana-digi G-shock. He has worn it for about 1 year and now this issue has arosen: the digital time is still accurate as usual, but the hands are losing time: he adjusts the hands to the correct time and then after about 1 week the time is about 2 minutes slow! (while the digital time, and the hourly chime, is accurate). This is bad for him as he likes to read the time from the analogue.
    Umm, that sounds pretty strange. The analog hands are linked to the digital second counter, moving the minute hand by 1/3 second every 20 seconds. However, the hands don't automatically follow any change of the digital time.

This means that it's possible to get the digital time and analog time out of sync simply by resetting the seconds to 00. For example, when the digital time is at 30 seconds and you reset it to 00 (of the next digital minute), the analog minute hand will still remain at the 1/3 spot (last move forward at 20, next one would be at 40), losing 2/3 of a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by madman01 View Post
    Does this mean the battery is weak? He says they told him when he was buying the watch that the battery would last at least 2 years.
    Even though the watch has two batteries, I am not sure that they're used for distinct functions. So either all features should suffer from a failing battery (e.g. poor backlighting) or none.

Thread Information