G-5500 bigins tommorow on it's trip to Europe!

Thread: G-5500 bigins tommorow on it's trip to Europe!

Smile G-5500 bigins tommorow on it's trip to Europe!

I just got a message that my G-5500 has arrived and that it is ready to be sent out to me tommorow!!!:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D I can't wait to have it in my hands. I hope there is no delay at the customs.... Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Re: G-5500 bigins tommorow on it's trip to Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    I just got a message that my G-5500 has arrived and that it is ready to be sent out to me tommorow!!!:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D I can't wait to have it in my hands. I hope there is no delay at the customs.... Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Sjors
    I think the original model had a heavy back and was made In Japan so should be a good watch same as the original's

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors

Cheers,

Sjors

Hi Sjors,

Is this the vintage model that Casio relaunch it recently? Possible to let us have more details where to get one too? :thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon
    Hi Sjors,

Is this the vintage model that Casio relaunch it recently? Possible to let us have more details where to get one too? :thanks
    I think it's the new model.

Looking forward to the photos anyway so we can get to the bottom of this.

Wink Re: G-5500 bigins tommorow on it's trip to Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon
    Hi Sjors,

Hi Xenon,

It's a new model with the looks of the DW-5500, also known as G-Shock II and Mudman (the last was it's nickname, the basic g-9000 color scheme is a tribute to this model). I think it's G-5600 with a different look (like there also is a G-5700). I always thought the DW-5500 had someway a funny look. It was actually Casio's first Mud Resist model. I haven't seen that in the description of the G-5500 (yet).

Check this thread for live pictures of the G-Shock II (DW-5500) and the new G-5500.

I think it's a bit of Beauty because uglyness. On the one hand it looks very strange and toy like, on the other hand I'm very atracted to it's unique design.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hello from Tokyo,

I bought this the G-5500 yesterday while walking in Ueno. No screw back and the watch is made in Thiland. Just getting used to the functions. So far I love it. Feels great on the wrist. For those who feel the 5600 series is to small, the G-5500 may fit the bill.

So far the 5600 series is the watch I see on most wrists in Japan.

A

Ha ha Angus,

THat's the profit of being on holidays in Japan:-D So the G-5500 is bigger than the DW-5600.... Great! Don't you forget to take masses of pictures

Cheers,

Sjors

I realize you'll have the real paper manual in your hand very soon, but the Japanese pdf version of the 3062 guide has just now become available online:

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/manual/ww/qw3062.pdf

The English one isn't there which, of course, is pretty normal for watches that are domestic models until (if ever) they are officially exported.

Al

Wink Re: G-5500 bigins tommorow on it's trip to Europe!

Ha ha Al,

I think I can't read that paper manual. I hope I can reveal the functions. I see Angus is also getting used to the functions. I'm very curious for it's looks, feel and real live size. I'm specially extra curious since Angus sais it's bigger than a DW-5600. Well, extra special is the look of the DW-5500, which somehow has attrackted me since I saw the first one on Japanese collector websites.

Cheers,

Sjors

Exclamation Re: G-5500 bigins tommorow on it's trip to Europe!

is the g-5500 Coming to the U.S.A?:-S :-S

Thread Information