G-5600-1jf & G-5600-1dr

Thread: G-5600-1jf & G-5600-1dr

G-5600-1jf & G-5600-1dr

Hi! how are you guy's going?
    Just a quick question about you guess it G-5600. I was wearing my new G on the weekend, when my friends saw it. They all commented on how cool, retro and old school it looked (everything old is new again). One of asked where he could get his hand on one. I remembered TRIBE125 had one but a different version. I cheek the inter-net and saw on one of the site. It was around 8000 yen, it also stated that it was for the international market. I had a really good look at the picture and could not tell the different between the two. I was hoping someone on this form can tell me. Is it worth paying abit extra for the JR version, or it not worth it.

Re: G-5600-1jf & G-5600-1dr

Not too surprising that it's me that's replying - and not too surprising that I don't think it's worth paying extra for a JR version! When I bought mine, I could have bought either for the same sort of money. I chose to buy the DR from Boris (Hong Kong) because he had the easiest ordering method.

The watches are identical. Both are made in Japan (mine is, anyway). I imagine they come off the same production line. If I threw away the swing tag and receipt, I could say mine was a JR model, and no-one could say it wasn't.

There's no need to pay over the odds for a G-5600. As far as I know, it is still in production - even though some sellers describe it as rare...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    Not too surprising that it's me that's replying - and not too surprising that I don't think it's worth paying extra for a JR version! When I bought mine, I could have bought either for the same sort of money. I chose to buy the DR from Boris (Hong Kong) because he had the easiest ordering method.

The watches are identical. Both are made in Japan (mine is, anyway). I imagine they come off the same production line. If I threw away the swing tag and receipt, I could say mine was a JR model, and no-one could say it wasn't.

There's no need to pay over the odds for a G-5600. As far as I know, it is still in production - even though some sellers describe it as rare...
    To: Tribe125
    Thanks for your quick reply. I thought I was going crazy for not being able to spot the differents.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

get the japan version if you intent to collect. (only serious collector needs to apply)

get any version if you intent to wear.

i couldn't tell the difference by just looking at the watch neither

the DR (non-japan) version even have "WR 20BAR" marking on the case back and dial.

if i were you[r friend], i would just get whichever is the cheapest, quickest and easiest to get, wear it and be happy with it

Thread Information