G-5600-1JF Japan Made ... your thoughts?

Thread: G-5600-1JF Japan Made ... your thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DavidSeattleWA

G-5600-1JF Japan Made ... your thoughts?

Ok, what do you guys think of this overall? Very cool G-Shock and the fact that it's Japan domestic market-only is kinda neat ... but would you pay $150 for this? All due respect to Seiya - he has great stuff and provides great service. But what is it that makes this G-Shock $150?

Here I've been sitting, ready to buy myself a DW-5600E from Amazon for $40 and then I caught this on Seiya's website and started thinking .... for some reason I really like the whole Japan-only aspect ... I dunno why, maybe that's kinda silly? Is it worth it or do you feel this price is insane for a G-Shock? Maybe I'm way out of touch with what some of the G-Shocks cost. Would you buy this just for the fact that it's a Japan-only offering?

http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/G-...apan_Made.html
    Last edited by DavidSeattleWA; March 30th, 2009 at 00:53.

Re: G-5600-1JF Japan Made ... your thoughts?

I don't know about the made in Japan thing although isn't that presumed to be an extra-good-quality indicator ?

But the watch in the link does have solar power and atomic time signal - does the 40 bucks one on Amazon have those ?

DavidSeattleWA

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    I don't know about the made in Japan thing although isn't that presumed to be an extra-good-quality indicator ?

But the watch in the link does have solar power and atomic time signal - does the 40 bucks one on Amazon have those ?

To be honest, I really don't know if this watch would be any better than a U.S. domestic Casio .. and if it IS better, is it even something that's measureable?

No, the 5600E on Amazon is not solar/atomic.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like my G-5600GH very much. It is solar but not Atomic.....

I am getting a little tired of the myth that Japan made equals greater quality.

But it does not! Thailand made ones are just as good!

The only known issues so far that I know of as the result of manufacturing abroad was early China made DW-6600 who had problems with peeling paint in the letters. This was due to imroper paint beeing used but it was solved by changing to the right stuff so is no longer an issue.

Casio has some of the best quality control in the market.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

DavidSeattleWA

Quote Originally Posted by iCatchU View Post
    I like my G-5600GH very much. It is solar but not Atomic.....

Where did you get that one? That's nice lookin' ...

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post

Agreed!

Aren't these G-5600's the one's with the battery charging problems?

Very true, i have thailand, malaysia, china, and japan, and all of them perform the same to me, casio just makes quality watches point blank

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post

The only known issues so far that I know of as the result of manufacturing abroad was early China made DW-6600 who had problems with peeling paint in the letters. This was due to imroper paint beeing used but it was solved by changing to the right stuff so is no longer an issue.

Casio has some of the best quality control in the market.

DavidSeattleWA

I agree with you guys, I was just curious as to everyone else's thoughts. Maybe I bought into the claim that "Japan domestic market" = better than U.S domestic market. I'm a little naive sometimes, I admit. I didn't MAKE that claim, I've just heard it before ... and I guess I bought into it.

So back to the watch itself ... do you think $150 is worth it? It looks like it's solar but not atomic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information