G-5600e Bezel Needed - PAC Parts
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Thread: G-5600e Bezel Needed - PAC Parts

G-5600e Bezel Needed - PAC Parts

I thought I'd order a new strap and bezel as the strap looks rough after only 3 years (must be the sunscreen). I thought I might as well order both. I checked on the Pac Parts site and saw that the bezel is out of stock, and they don't know when it will be back.

That's a little disconcerting. One of the reasons that I bought a G was because - or so I thought - replacement parts were readily available.

Is that not the case?

Re: G-5600e Bezel Needed - PAC Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Bates View Post
    I thought I'd order a new strap and bezel as the strap looks rough after only 3 years (must be the sunscreen). I thought I might as well order both. I checked on the Pac Parts site and saw that the bezel is out of stock, and they don't know when it will be back.

That's a little disconcerting. One of the reasons that I bought a G was because - or so I thought - replacement parts were readily available.

Is that not the case?
    This question comes up so frequently I've thought about putting the following in my "signature":

Pacparts REALLY needs to put the following disclaimer (or something similar) on their website. It's common knowledge around here, but they probably lose tens (or hundreds) of thousands of dollars a year from prospective customers who don't know:

"Pacparts does not keep a huge inventory of parts on hand. We carry electronic parts for more than twenty-five companies, and we've chosen to not have to gamble on which Casio watches, which JVC stereo components, and which Sony everything will be the most popular and/or most in need of parts. Our not having to gamble on different models and different parts keeps us from having millions of parts on hand, which keeps costs down, which we can then pass along to you.

"If you need a part, realize that our website is liable to show it as 'out of stock.' If you order it from us, we will order it from the manufacturer and usually have it delivered to us -- and then sent to you -- within three weeks."
    If a parts listing at Pacparts says "out of stock," that's completely normal. If the listing says "out of stock, awaiting ETA from manufacturer," that's normal as well, but you might have to wait a little longer than three weeks. If it says "DISCONTINUED" in big red letters, THAT'S the time to start worrying.
    Rocat likes this.

Re: G-5600e Bezel Needed - PAC Parts

Thanks. I appreciate that. For my part it said: "Out of stock, awaiting ETA from manufacturer." Good to know that that's normal.

Thread Information