G-7700

Thread: G-7700

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gift G-7700

I didn't think I'd ever get one of these as I wasn't taken by the looks. Finally the functions won me over, and I bought one in town today. It's a great module, and I must say a pleasure to wear. Slim, light and with an ultra comfy resin strap.

I also love the flashing LED's, and the display is lovely and clear. Even the little square window doesn't seem such a bad idea having seen how it works. It looks better on the wrist than I'd imagined too. I like it.

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Re: G-7700

I do not have a watch that is better functionally. Glad you enjoy it. If it were atomic and solar it'd be the perfect watch in my mind.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

20 08 is a bit odd for 2008 though, isn't it?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This watch sounds great, but also sounds like I would actually need to read the instructions before using! I caught a glimpse of one on someones wrist this past weekend and thought it looked even better in person. Has me wondering how the yellow model would look on my wrist.

Congrats!

Kev

My goodness, you bought this exact same one as mine???

Just a few months ago, you said how you hated it because it looks like a cash register.

Seems popularity & interest in this module is picking up.

When I bought it at launch date, I remember seeing how ppl seem to hate it. The silver ring and the cash register look and all.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Looks perfectly ok to me.

Besides, I think setting it to day passed and day remaining is more useful than setting it to the year. I mean, who doesn't know this is 2008! Casio should really look into this. A year display is a waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeCee View Post
    My goodness, you bought this exact same one as mine???

Just a few months ago, you said how you hated it because it looks like a cash register.
    Yes I did, but I also said I may end up buying one. It still looks a bit like a cash register too.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Yep. I think it's because there's a colon in that gap when it shows another time zone. It's not perfect, but it does have a lot going for it. If the 20 08 starts to bother me it can be replaced by a second time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Yes I did, but I also said I may end up buying one. It still looks a bit like a cash register too.
    Well, if you want lots of stuff to be displayed all at once, then it has to look like a cash register. There is no short cut at all.

Just have to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeCee View Post
    Well, if you want lots of stuff to be displayed all at once, then it has to look like a cash register. There is no short cut at all.

Just have to get used to it.
    Not all my little digs are to be taken too seriously, and I can be quite fickle with watches. When I first saw a Frogman I thought it looked silly, but now I'd love one. I was even unsure about the Mudman the first time I saw one.

I agree there's no way round a busy display with the amount of information it shows too, and I think it does it quite well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information