G-7700 Julian Calendar?

Thread: G-7700 Julian Calendar?

rjr

G-7700 Julian Calendar?

I am seriously considering purchasing the G-7700. However, I read in the forums that its' date settings go according to the Julian Calendar. Does anyone know exactly what this means? What settings use this method of dating and what is the practical difference for the functional use of the watch? I've understood that most of the world for hundreds of years already, and the standard international calendar, has been going according to the Gregorian calendar, and the Julian Calendar is no longer in wide use.
    Thanks for any assistance.

Re: G-7700 Julian Calendar?

Are you totally sure that whatever you read said that it used the "Julian calendar?"

The only references I've found with Google are some Amazon reviews stating that the watch also shows the Julian DAY, which is simply the number of days so far that year. (Jan 1 = Day 1. Jan 14 = Day 14. February 2 = Day 33. December 25 of this year = Day 359 if it's not a leap year.)

Here's the G-7700 manual -- no mention of the Julian calendar whatsover, but it does have an international way of counting the weeks of the year: http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/wat/en/qw3095.pdf

rjr

Re: G-7700 Julian Calendar?

Thanks for explaining. Much appreciated.

Thread Information