G-7700 vs G-9000 Mudman

Thread: G-7700 vs G-9000 Mudman

G-7700 vs G-9000 Mudman

Hi folks,

I have a G-7700 and am contemplating going in for a G-9000 Mudman. Though I've read the Mudman's manual (module 3031) I have a few questions with the stopwatch and dual time modes I'm hoping owners/knowledgeable folks here can help me with.

1. Is the home time visible in the stopwatch mode? I'd just like to confirm this as this is a very important criterion for me. Also, the manual says that no. of hrs. elapsed is displayed instead of home time in the elapsed time stopwatch mode. So I take it the time is only visible in the split mode? What is displayed in the top panel when the stopwatch time (bottom panel) spills over the 1-hr mark?

2. How do I see the lap times? How many laps can the watch save? The manual is completely silent on this but I can't bring myself to believe that this feature is missing.

3. Can the home time and world time be displayed together (say one in the top panel and the other in the bottom panel)?

I'm also torn between the G9000-1V and G9000MX-8. Does the latter have amber EL? I also see on amazon.com that the case size of the 9000MX-8 is a bit larger -- is that true?

Thanks in advance,
    nagpal

Re: G-7700 vs G-9000 Mudman

1 - No. Or more correctly, not while the STW is running. In the zeroed out position the time is visible in the top display. Once you start the STW then the time disappears and it is replaced by the hour STW position.

2 - Mudman has the typical basic STW where you can press the reset button to obtain a lap time (the display stops but the counter keeps going). That is the one and only lap time.

3 - No

I am unsure of the ELs, but I believe the MX-8 has an EL similar to the MC3 Mudman of which there are numerous pics. I believe the case sizes are identical.
    Last edited by WT_351; October 6th, 2009 at 18:11.

Thanks WT_351, that was most informative!

@All: As an aside, any recommendations for a model that has all these features? Namely:
    - STW with home time display
    - Multi-lap memory
    - World/Home Time on the same screen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Time visible in all modes is not too hard to come by.

Being able to see the home time as well as the world time on the same screen is certainly doable.

My G that consistently shows the most information is the G-8000. The basic DWs are also good for time visible in all modes, but they lack world time.

Multiple lap memory is a tough one in G-Shocks. I'm sure there is one and somebody will let you know, but the 7700 series is the only recent G that I am aware of with multiple lap capability.

Thread Information