G-7710 modification potential

Thread: G-7710 modification potential

G-7710 modification potential

I have read threads here where people have changed positive displays to negative by means of a polaroid filter.
    Is it possible to turn a G-7710 display which is a negative display, from negative to positive, and which is the best way to do this for this model?
    Any help is gratefully received.
    Thanks
    James

Re: G-7710 modification potential

Why would anybody want to do this? There's the positive display version G-7700. But it is of course possible to reverse it to positive - it's the same procedure as reversing from positive to negative. All you need is a polarization film, a steady hand, preferrably gloves (as to not leave fingerprints on the filter), probably a razorblade to remove the old polarization film on the display - there are some DIY-threads on this subject I guess:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ay-129102.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...y-g-19229.html

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Having bought a G-7710, which I cannot return, I would like to change this to a positive display because I do not find it easy to read in lower light conditions.
    Actually my question is better stated as: "How is the negative display achieved on the G-7710?"
    Obviously, if it is achieved by means of a polarizing film, then the way to convert it to a positive display would be to remove the factory fitted polarizing film.
    All comments gratefully received.
    Thanks
    James

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No, that won't work - when you remove the filter you actually see nothing at all - the digits simply disappear. I suggest you start reading the links I gave you. Wether a display is positive or negative is only a matter of the orientation of the polarization filter. Every LCD has such a filter. You turn it one way -> positive - you rotate it 90° -> negative. Really easy. So theoretically if you could remove the filter - you could just rotate it. But since the filter is glued on you will destroy it by removing it so you need a new one. It's all explained in the links - but if somebody asks for info and then doesn't read the info he's given I suggest he go figure it out for himself.

Greetings, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; February 3rd, 2011 at 00:41.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thanks Sedi
    I did read your links, but what you have said in your last post was not obvious from them.
    Many thanks for making it clear to me.
    Where can I buy in Europe suitable polarizing film? (I am in the UK)
    James

There are different eBay shops who offer Pol. film for the modification of car audio/computer LCD screens. Make sure you get self- sticky film if possible.

Brilliant. Thanks for everyone's help, and I am sorry I was so slow on the uptake!
    I know exactly what I am doing now!
    Many thanks everyone!
    James

No, I have to apologize - I think I was a little rude. It's normally not my style to offend people when searching advice. Well sometimes when you spend too much time in a forum you think it's all too obvious while in fact it isn't.
    Here's what I used for a negative display mod once:
    Lineare Polarisationsfolie Invertierfolie 5cm x 5cm bei eBay.de: Sonstige (endet 07.02.11 17:49:56 MEZ)

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I used the "lense" from a pair of 3D glasses after I watched a movie.

Worked fine.

Thread Information