G-7800-1ER vs G-7800B-1ER Positive or Negative?

Thread: G-7800-1ER vs G-7800B-1ER Positive or Negative?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Off Topic post G-7800-1ER vs G-7800B-1ER Positive or Negative?

Hi all ,

you may remember me from such years as 2008 when I had a DW-9000 G-Shock and posted here now and again. Anyway I'm back for a large portion of your finest home-baked advice please.

I'm looking at the watches G-7800-1ER and G-7800B-1ER as my sports watch and day-to-day wearer. I feel like a noob for asking but what is the negative display like on the G-7800B-1ER compared to positive display of the G-7800-1ER?

G-7800-1ER

G-7800B-1ER

I gather that negative displays are less legible in low lighting conditions and fine in daylight conditions, but have also read that Casio have made some developments/improvements in the more modern negative display technology. Furthermore, the module used in the watch has adjustable contrast.

To get to the point, will there be a great different in legibility between the two watches, considering the fact that the contrast can be adjusted for both? With me, little niggles tend to annoy me continually until I eventually flip out and then flip the watch (a whole lotta flippin' goin' on), so I am not sure if I can tolerate any significant drawbacks of the negative display.

What I can say is I prefer the negative display version (G-7800B-1ER) due to its all black bezel and black design. The G-7800-1ER is still a mighty fine looking Casio though!

Thank you, I don't mean to pose such noobien questions, but it will probably help someone else down the line. Any experience from owners of either/both model/s is really appreciated! :thanks

Re: G-7800-1ER vs G-7800B-1ER Positive or Negative?

The one with the negative display looks amazing. That one gets my vote for sure.

Hi,
    you can adjust the contrast on the G-7800 display, so legibility is pretty good compared to other negative display Gs. I'd go for it . I think it looks much better than the standard display version - almost like a completely different watch.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. Yeah, check out the G-7800B-1ER on google images and look at a real picture, it's super tight!

Yes the contrast is adjustable I just wonder if it's still readable enough in real life conditions? Enough or not enough... that is the question .

Gunmetal finish on the bezel just awesome, plus this thing packs some serious firepower (funtions and features).

I have the G7800B and find it easy to read.

Odd angle here - still readable.

That's great, you have one, very nice! How is it like in low light conditions, when viewing from a distance and how effective is the contrast adjustment? Do you think it's a massive difference compared to positive display ? Maybe I'll pm you...

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog15 View Post
    I have the G7800B and find it easy to read.

Odd angle here - still readable.

Under low light conditions I use the Auto EL with both positive and negative displays. The Auto EL on these turns it self off after 6 hours.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Claud View Post
    That's great, you have one, very nice! How is it like in low light conditions, when viewing from a distance and how effective is the contrast adjustment? Do you think it's a massive difference compared to positive display ? Maybe I'll pm you...

I have the negative and I like it. I find it legible just fine, even in low light. The digits are pretty large on this one so that makes it even easier to read.

The contrast adjustment has 7 (I think) settings. I can only really discern 3 levels...low mid and high contrast. I keep mine on 4 which is in the middle. With the low contrast the numbers have more of a green tint to them. I can't remember why I don't use the highest setting. I guess because the middle looks just fine to me.

I just have received the positive display today, and I have to say that I really love it. I just wish that I could figure out how to have only the day show above the time, and not the year. Any way that you can help with this one? I too chickened out on the negative display. I would have liked the black bezel, but it is not bad with the brushed steel bezel either. I work inside, in varying light conditions and I was afraid that the negative display would piss me off too much. I can say that this is an awesome g shock, and I am very happy that I got it.

cire0220,

In the timekeeping mode ( DAY and YEAR displayed ), press the REV and FWD buttons simultaneously. That should change it to displaying DAY only.

Fokai

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information