G 7900 + PR 240 + ?? what should be the next step??
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fookus
  • 1 Post By cal..45

Thread: G 7900 + PR 240 + ?? what should be the next step??

G 7900 + PR 240 + ?? what should be the next step??

Hi all

I am new on this forum...but bought my first G Shock after reading a review about the G 7900 somewhere on this forum; I like the 7900 very much especially alarms/sounds and tidal information (I am living near the sea).

A couple of months later I bought the PR 240 Orange version.....also a very nice watch (but alarms are very soft)!!

Lately I have been looking around and searching for a third one, that could be used for 'more dressed' occasions but also has the outdoor features..(sun rise/sun set + tidal + count down + atomic)

What could be the right 'additional' model? Frogman is quite expensive....but I like the look of it....Gulfman looks very similar to the 7900 in terms of features..or am I wrong?

Anyone suggestions? Please feel free to show your advise!

Thanks in advance
    cheers Fookus
    Pelican likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: G 7900 + PR 240 + ?? what should be the next step??

Welcome to the forum and congratulations to your purchases. The PRG240 doesn't work for me for several reasons but the G-7900 is one of the best G-Shock's ever made (in my opinion anyway)

Honestly, if you want to go "dressy" neither a G-Shock nor a Protrek are excatly the best choices. Still, if you have the need for outdoor features, a Protrek with Titanium case and bracelet might be nice, such as a PRW-2000 or a PRW-3000 perhaps?

http://www.amazon.de/Casio-Unisex-Ar...ywords=prw2000

Casio Pro Trek - HerrenUhr - PRW-3000T-7ER: Amazon.de: Uhren

cheers
    xevious likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

thanks Cal.45!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have found and read the original review that was done by you cal.45!
    what do you think of the GW-9110-1ER (although it isn't the plain G-version)?

I think the GW-9110 is a nice G-Shock, maybe a little underrated. Basically it houses the same module as a GW-7900 but with a slightly different design, the lack of the fifth light button (which is not so good) and the lack of the ugly and unreliable metal rivets (which is very good). Personally there is a little too much red on this watch for me, I would probably own one if the red accents were blue but other than that I think it is a flawless, good G.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    I think the GW-9110 is a nice G-Shock, maybe a little underrated. Basically it houses the same module as a GW-7900 but with a slightly different design, the lack of the fifth light button (which is not so good) and the lack of the ugly and unreliable metal rivets (which is very good). Personally there is a little too much red on this watch for me, I would probably own one if the red accents were blue but other than that I think it is a flawless, good G.

cheers

I have found an older alternative...and bought it! The Fisherman...It doesn't have the CDT...but I like the other features such as vibration alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Fookus View Post
    I have found an older alternative...and bought it! The Fisherman...It doesn't have the CDT...but I like the other features such as vibration alarm

Name:  DSCN6076.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  126.1 KB

Nice trio Fookus....
    DW-003,DW-004,DW 5600, DW 6100 (LUCIANO EDITION),DW 6900: MS/EMINEM, G-2110, G 7301, G 7800, G 7710-RL,MUDMAN KTM,GULFMAN MIRO, MUDMAN SCORPION, GA 100: DARK NIGHT/BUMBLEBEE, GDF 100, RISEMAN, THE KING, G 2500, G 2600,DW 9052, DW 6600, FROGMAN POSITIVE YELLOW, COCKPIT G 1010

Quote Originally Posted by Fookus View Post
    The PAS400 is a very nice and rugged watch and for the price a truly steal. Unfortunately the lack of a CDT kills it totally for me, this is my most used feature in digital watches. Would it have a CDT, I could see that this watch became my favorite digital Casio quite some time ago, because in nearly any other aspect it is perfect (backlight, sunrise/sunset, moonphase, huge digits, vibe alarm, nice buttons ect.) Anyway, I hope you enjoy yours - nice trio by the way

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Thread Information