G-7900 Owners: Do You Find The EL Button Too Easy To Press?

Thread: G-7900 Owners: Do You Find The EL Button Too Easy To Press?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TTT

G-7900 Owners: Do You Find The EL Button Too Easy To Press?

My G-7900 arrived yesterday. I really like this watch... it's nice and chunky, has a clear display, and it's a good, "fun" watch.

However, I find that the 'L' button is a little too easily activated. I think Casio should have extended the bezel a bit higher up the front side of the button so the button would be more shielded - as it is, I can actually activate it by pressing the side of my (other) forearm against the front of the watch, which I think is impossible with every other G I've owned. The button itself also seems to have a short travel distance to its switch activation point. Is this normal?

It's not enough to seriously bug me, and I still really like the watch, but I just wondered if anyone else has noticed this.

Re: G-7900 Owners: Do You Find The EL Button Too Easy To Press?

I can't say that I have noticed this on the G-7900's I have. Later when I get home I will take a look to see just what you are talking about. I do know that for me, it's certainly not an issue. I have never hit it by accident, nor activated the light when I did not intend to.

Cheers....

Hi TTT,

Not a problem to me either.

I LOVE the watch. This is how G's are supposed to be made: Big and Chunky

Cheers,

Pieter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Since I got mine I have rarely worn another watch. It's one of the few I wear that has the 5th button EL. I don't find it too easy to push though I have little to compare it too. I rarely have it go on when I don't want it to so I'd say it's not too easy. The others that I have and have had with the 5th button EL all seemed a bit awkward to press so I think this one is just right. In fact I kinda like the idea of it being able to be activated by my opposite forearm. That way if I have something in each hand I can still get the light on without it being in auto mode and coming on every time I move my arm.

I like it just the way it is. This watch would be perfect if it had vib-alarm, atomic/solar or at least solar and CDT settable to the second. I know there's a GW but I don't think it has two stopwatches and I know its moon display is too small.
    Last edited by natornate; November 8th, 2009 at 11:53.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by natornate View Post
    Since I got mine I have rarely worn another watch. It's one of the few I wear that has the 5th button EL. I don't find it too easy to push though I have little to compare it too. I rarely have it go on when I don't want it to so I'd say it's not too easy. The others that I have and have had with the 5th button EL all seemed a bit awkward to press so I think this one is just right. In fact I kinda like the idea of it being able to be activated by my opposite forearm. That way if I have something in each hand I can still get the light on without it being in auto mode and coming on every time I move my arm.

I like it just the way it is. This watch would be perfect if it had vib-alarm, atomic/solar or at least solar and CDT settable to the second. I know there's a GW but I don't think it has two stopwatches and I know its moon display is too small.
    Well said!

I've become very attached to having two stopwatches, as I've always used one, and now having two I find quite useful.

I will be the first to admit that I was too hasty in ordering my GW-7900B, and only learned after it arrived that there was only one stopwatch, the Moon Phase Window was smaller than I had perceived it to be in the pictures and the overall appearance of the module was just to busy, throughout the center section. Thus I sold that baby immediately.

I would am truly enjoy my G-7900's and do wish they came with Solar Atomic. Other than that they are ideal for me.

Cheers...

Nah - I love my GW-7900B. Albeit that it's sitting in the G-7900 outer bezel (because i wanted a red one).

To the OP - pressing the 5th button to illuminate the watch is just about possible to do accidentally, but it's not easy. Perhaps your watch is slightly misaligned? It might be worth popping off the outer bezel and re-seating it.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

can't tell much about the "easy to press" light button, because i was only able to handle the G-7900 for a few minutes in a store last thursday. however, i was really "shocked" (in a positive way) to see that monster laying between lots of other G's. honestly, i haven't seen such a chunky piece of plastic for years, no other G i can think of which have been released in the last 5 years or so, had this old-school dimensions that reminds immediately about the 80's. given that the G-7900 has this "absolutely indestructible" look, paired with all functions of a G-9000 und G-9100 (including 3 or 5 sec. backlight ) makes this a real G with a great, rugged look for a very nice price. personally i can live very well without solar and wave ceptor technology considered the accuracy of a digital quartz watch, combined with a high-power 3 volt CR2025 lithium-ion battery, which easily lasts many years, even if el-backlight and alarms are heavily used.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I can't say that I have noticed this on the G-7900's I have. Later when I get home I will take a look to see just what you are talking about. I do know that for me, it's certainly not an issue. I have never hit it by accident, nor activated the light when I did not intend to.
    OK Last night I took this extreme angle picture to allow us to look at the button from a different angle. I still see nothing that would cause me to "trip" on the button and accidently turn on the light. Perhaps it's just my approach, I don't know, but for me the light button is not a problem.

Cheers...

TTT

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I definitely like this watch a lot too. Maybe I'm just used to the tiny little buttons on the smaller G's, although I find it a lot more difficult to accidentally press the button on my 6600, for example.

TTT

Hehe, thanks for taking the picture. It's really not a huge issue. I think maybe the pushrod on the button on mine is just at the long end of tolerances, so it activates the switch with a really light pressure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information