G-8000

Thread: G-8000

G-8000

I just received a new G-8000 with negative display and have to say I am very impressed. The display is very easy to read. Better than a lot of negative displays I've seen, including my mudman. The features are impressive and include everything I would want from a G except maybe solar function, not a big deal to me though. The watch has a sturdy feel to it and looks well put together. IMHO it is a lot of shock for the money and a very cool edition to the G shock line. The size is smaller than a lot of G's but I am not as much of a fan of the huge G so I am pleased with size. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: G-8000

I have been eyeing this one as well. From the pic I take it that yours has the green display?

Pardon my ignorance, but is this one generally available in the USA?

If possible, could you recommend an online retailer (via PM if necessary, I don't want to break any forum posting rules.)

thx

Hello,

Yes, this one has a green negative display and it is available in the U.S. I purchased it on ebay from a very reputable seller located in Brooklyn. You can find him on Sjors web site.

Regards,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver
    I have been eyeing this one as well. From the pic I take it that yours has the green display?

Pardon my ignorance, but is this one generally available in the USA?

If possible, could you recommend an online retailer (via PM if necessary, I don't want to break any forum posting rules.)

thx

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good buy Angus. I was looking at that particular watch myself because I like that color scheme. Most of the computer screens at work are set at a black background with olive green font already because I find it to be easy on the eyes. How's the LED light working out? Does it just light up or blink when it's used?

Locomoco.

Paid 85 CAD in Canada for G-8000... originally got the green model with green numbers...

Had a HUGE issue with visibility in certain light conditions. Green on black is not the best combination for redability. Exchanged the green fro black with standard colour (black on white) numbers and could not be happier.

Love the fact that ALL the info is there, day, date, year... love the fact that seconds are at the lower right corner...

And bracelet, brother this is a confortable watch to wear. Cudos to CASIO this is quite possibly the best and most usefull CASIO I've ever seen.

Forgot to mention, for le LED is just a gimmick. It flashes in certain conditions, count down timer at zero for example.

Again I don't use this feature since I beleve that this is just a silly way to waiste battery life.

Wink Re: G-8000

Quote Originally Posted by angus
    Hello,

Yes, this one has a green negative display and it is available in the U.S. I purchased it on ebay from a very reputable seller located in Brooklyn. You can find him on Sjors web site.

Regards,
    Tom
    Ha Ha Tom,

Did you bring Michael my regards

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

The LED blinks when in use. I agree that it is very easy on the eyes. All in all a lot bang for the buck.

Best,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Locomoco
    Good buy Angus. I was looking at that particular watch myself because I like that color scheme. Most of the computer screens at work are set at a black background with olive green font already because I find it to be easy on the eyes. How's the LED light working out? Does it just light up or blink when it's used?

Locomoco.

Hello Sjors,

I did mention your name. Michael is a great guy to deal with, Same with Boris in Hong Kong. I always check your site before buying

Best,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Ha Ha Tom,

Did you bring Michael my regards

Cheers,

Sjors

Ha Ha, yes Boris is not only a good seller, he is very honest (if you can get a watch somewhere else cheaper, he will let you know) and also very funny while conversating.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information