G-8000 & G-056 production discontinued

Thread: G-8000 & G-056 production discontinued

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-8000 & G-056 production discontinued

I always thought that the looks of the G-8000 (C3 series) and the G-056 (Polygons) were a refreshing change in terms of design and aesthetics compared to most Gs. It's a pity then that I heard from a local retailer that Casio will stop production of these two models. How many of you out there have them, other than the standard black models? I've 2 polygons:
    Name:  G-056Bs_1.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  55.9 KB
    A black G-8000 and a recent addition, a nice orange one too:
    Name:  G-8000-4VDR_1.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  71.3 KB
    Lee

Re: G-8000 & G-056 production discontinued

I have a polygon and 3 G-8000's (2 of which are on the sales forum). They're great models and it's a shame they're discontinued. I'm only parting with a couple of the G-8000's because of the colours.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I had a standard G-8000, thought it was wonderful, but sold it because of the long strap.

Then a few weeks ago I got another one more or less free in a trade. I don't count it as part of my 'official' collection because I'll be leaving it in our Krakow apartment as an emergency spare.

One of the best that Casio has ever made. I look forward to their next 'alternative 5600'.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I don't count it as part of my 'official' collection because I'll be leaving it in our Krakow apartment as an emergency spare.
    Cheat!

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I have the red polygon and have been wearing it since yesterday. I like it a ton (especially the oversized buckle) and really hate that they are discontinued. The only thing I can say negative about the watch is that it is a little hard to read in medium light situations... great in the daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Cheat!

I don't count this one either (or clean it...) -

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I bought the G056-8v and the G8000-8v about a year ago. Both of these are the army green resin with negative displays. Since I'm actually in the army, I figure I have enough green stuff so I bought them with the express intent of dying them black. They both turned out great and have great modules but legibility leaves alot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by rideough View Post
    I bought the G056-8v and the G8000-8v about a year ago. Both of these are the army green resin with negative displays. Since I'm actually in the army, I figure I have enough green stuff so I bought them with the express intent of dying them black. They both turned out great and have great modules but legibility leaves alot to be desired.
    I have the green reverse display G-056 and that's a great idea! I think I'd prefer it all black.

Thanks guys for the responses so far!
    As I read your replies a couple of thoughts came to me with regards to design & practicality.
    The G-056 - the recessed buttons make it abit of a bother to press them quickly (when you need to)
    The G-8000 - more of a wish here. The black round 'button' where the LED is located, that would have been a nice change if that was the '5th' button for light activation instead.
    Any further thoughts gentlemen?
    Lee

Moderator G-Shock Forum

The module of the G-8000 in a 5600 housing.
    A module with all the features needed in a non offending design housing.
    Will we ever see something like that from casio.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information