G-8000 is surprisingly comfortable to wear and look at..

Thread: G-8000 is surprisingly comfortable to wear and look at..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Up G-8000 is surprisingly comfortable to wear and look at..

PICS ADDED IN!!!!

I just got a G-8000 yesterday.

Surprisingly, it's more comfortable than my previous G-7700. And the display is SO MUCH EASIER to read compared to a G-7700 with it's complicated and small digits.

The bad thing is it is not as feature packed as a G-7700. Pretty standard G-Shock functions. No extras like day counter or lap time record or dual countdown timer. But I have not much use for these anyway.

Another bad thing is, in stopwatch mode, the sec counter is small size and in the bottom(Occupies the sec display in normal time mode.) The main large display is used for min.

And it says on the Casio site it is only 11.2mm thick which is rubbish. This thing is at least 13mm or 14mm thick. Again, pretty standard G-Shock thickness. Even a DW-5600 is thinner.

Overall, it's comfortable, pretty good looking and easy on the eye. And wearing it makes me feel YOUNGER compared to wearing a more gung-ho looking G-7700. Best part is a G-8000 is CHEAP where I live in.

To be honest, I've never even considered buying a G-8000 before because I used to think it looks like a toy. But not I know that's not true. Highly recommended. I like this better than the Mudman which I have sold.

Pictures are here. FINALLY, I have a decent phone cam. My previous phone cam really can't make the grade anymore.

Here's the stopwatch. Min in main display. Sec on the bottom right.

The round light bulb is sort of blocking the sec display if the angle is not good.

Don't really like these "holes" but I can live with it.

Strap is a little too long. I'm on the 4th hole which I think is pretty normal to small wrist size.

It's quite OBVIOUS this thing is not 11mm thick like what Casio claims. More like 13mm or 14mm.

Where are the screws?????

"Snakeskin-like" straps. But not an issue. CAN'T feel the roughness. I gurantee this.

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!! PRETTY GOOD WATCH FROM CASIO!
    Last edited by GeeBeeCee; July 6th, 2008 at 16:29.

Re: G-8000 is surprisingly comfortable to wear and look at..

sounds like a comfortable watch. do u mind post some pics of it? especially at the back. i wanna know if the band is swappable.
    ive been showing some interest on the reverse display model.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Congrats, GBC.

And of course you know pics are needed here, right?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

***POST RESERVED FOR PICS IN ONE HOUR***

In the meantime, here is a thread with some nice pics!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ghlight=g-8000

did someone change the timestamp?
    it used to be, "posted 1 minute ago" instead of the now date and time.

did i miss the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by mansrow View Post
    did someone change the timestamp?
    it used to be, "posted 1 minute ago" instead of the now date and time.

did i miss the memo?
    I noticed that but didn't like to mention it, I though I'd probably done something to my settings :oops: .....
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeCee View Post
    I just got a G-8000 yesterday.

Surprisingly, it's more comfortable than my previous G-7700. And the display is SO MUCH EASIER to read compared to a G-7700 with it's complicated and small digits.
    The bad thing is it is not as feature packed as a G-7700. Pretty standard G-Shock functions. No extras like day counter or lap time record or dual countdown timer. But I have not much use for these anyway.
    Another bad thing is, in stopwatch mode, the sec counter is small size and in the bottom(Occupies the sec display in normal time mode.) The main large display is used for min.
    And it says on the Casio site it is only 11.2mm thick which is rubbish. This thing is at least 13mm or 14mm thick. Again, pretty standard G-Shock thickness. Even a DW-5600 is thinner.
    Overall, it's comfortable, pretty good looking and easy on the eye. And wearing it makes me feel YOUNGER compared to wearing a more gung-ho looking G-7700. Best part is a G-8000 is CHEAP where I live in.
    To be honest, I've never even considered buying a G-8000 before because I used to think it looks like a toy. But not I know that's not true. Highly recommended. I like this better than the Mudman which I have sold.
    It's one of those watches I keep looking at but am never quite sure about, specifically the " Bomb Sight " look to the dial. It's growing on me slowly so I may well jump on one, one day!
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    It's one of those watches I keep looking at but am never quite sure about, specifically the " Bomb Sight " look to the dial. It's growing on me slowly so I may well jump on one, one day!
    i know, right !!! wats that about? why do u need a "cross-hair" in the middle of the display.

maybe its guideline to look at the display at the exact middle. wat da hell im saying?

Moderator G-Shock Forum

I think Casio planned a moving map function with GPS for this watch.
    Then they didnt met the 50$ price target, so they removed the movng map GPS but forget to remove the crosshair for position. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    I think Casio planned a moving map function with GPS for this watch.
    Then they didnt met the 50$ price target, so they removed the movng map GPS but forget to remove the crosshair for position. :-P
    excellent explanation !!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information