G-9000 Mudman Mod 3031
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: G-9000 Mudman Mod 3031

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

G-9000 Mudman Mod 3031

Hi guys, just purchased a G-9000 Mudman Mod 3031 for a reasonable price as new. It hasn't even arrived yet, I don't know much about the mudman, I am still searching for a GW200TC-3 Froggy but saw this along the way. Can anyone share experience/s of this model?.

or

Re: G-9000 Mudman Mod 3031

If you type 'G-9000' in the search box, you'll find loads.

I hope that doesn't sound unhelpful, but there really is too much comment to summarise in a quick reply.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    If you type 'G-9000' in the search box, you'll find loads.

I hope that doesn't sound unhelpful, but there really is too much comment to summarise in a quick reply.
    Thanks T, I was aware of that but I was after specific thoughts on the Mod 3031 with red buttons 'n things.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Skydiver,

This is my red button model:

It looks very good, though I personally like the green and cream white one more, so I don't wear this model much (yet).

It has great functions and is quiet a lot of watch for the deal. There this model has a Mudresist structure (a special bezel with covered buttons) button control is harder than on a normal model. For those who own a Raysman, Mudman or Gaussman, this would sound familiar. If you are used to the buttons, you will be probably very happy with it. It's not for nothing I have all 4 excisting new Mudman models. So for me it's

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

hi skydiver,

I second the statement of sjors. the g-9000 is a full loaded watch, if it had only tough-solar it would be perfect. nevertheless you get alot for a few bucks and that makes the watch a real bargain IMO.

the black model with red buttons is not exactely my cup of tea, because of the red buttons. to me they look kind of childish, thats why I prefer the green model with black buttons and negative display. but besides the buttons colour, it has EXCEPTIONAL legibilty, one of the clearest lcd's I have seen to date if not THE clearest.

to put it simple: my guess is you will like it

regards, holger
    1onehandwill likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Wink Re: G-9000 Mudman Mod 3031

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45
    I prefer the green model with black buttons and negative display. but besides the buttons colour, it has EXCEPTIONAL legibilty, one of the clearest lcd's I have seen to date if not THE clearest.

to put it simple: my guess is you will like it
    There is nothing to add on Holger his statement. A lot is said about negative displays, but the negative display on the Green Mudman is indeed the clearest negative display there is. As for the normal dislays I was amazed about my cream version. In dark surroundings is was like the EL backlight was working, so clear the display is! The display of the black one(I got that one much later), is of course also very sharp and bright.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

¡Hola paracaidista!
    I see busy busy Sjors and our German friend Holger have already given you a friendly reply, but I wish to be very especialmente kind to our peninsular foreros, so here's my view:

I have two G-9000 watches. They are (until further notice :-X ) the only g's I have.
    I wear my cream one every day. Very good watch. Everything I want is on "screen 1":
    ---------
    TUE 9- 5
    10:22 33, 34, 35, ..... <60
    ---------
    voila. That's all I need.

The other screens give you more goodies, but that is less important to me (even though the chronometer and coundown functions, even occasionally the alarm, may be useful).

I like the looks: a star wars spacecraft comes most to my mind.

I also have a black G-9000, with the red buttons. I like the look even better: clean. The red buttons make for a nice contrast (even though black buttons might even be better, but that doesn't exist...)
    I never wear the black one: my wife doesn't know I have it. It is therefore stashed away in my bedside night-table, in the box, and every once in a while I have a look at it. It will remain in "proof" condition...
    1onehandwill likes this.

Many thanks to those of you who replied, great comments, for or against. This is a brilliant site and it appears that everyone is more than willing to help in any way they can which is great for G newbies. i will be using it a lot in the future as I expand my collection. G-9000 and GW6900 to date, GW200TC-3 frogman next.
    Thanks again

I can't wait for mine. Already purchased and standing by in Texas. I should have it by September 21st.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information