G-9000 Mudman safe for diving?

Thread: G-9000 Mudman safe for diving?

G-9000 Mudman safe for diving?

Is the G-9000 Mudman safe for diving? It says it has 200m WR, but is it Diver's 200m or just plain 200m WR which from what I read somewhere is safe for swimming but not diving.

Will I be able to operate all the buttons while diving too if it's safe for diving?

Re: G-9000 Mudman safe for diving?

What depth will you be going down?

i've taken mine down to standard open water level depths , i use the 2 stopwatches and timer to time my dives. on occasion even used the el at depth. just make sure you rinse the saltwater off after the dive
    in theory, theory and practice are much less the same, in practice it is hardly the case...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by gyapp View Post
    Is the G-9000 Mudman safe for diving? It says it has 200m WR, but is it Diver's 200m or just plain 200m WR which from what I read somewhere is safe for swimming but not diving.

Will I be able to operate all the buttons while diving too if it's safe for diving?
    if you think there is a difference between 200m water column and 200m water column, then marketing strategists have make a good job of it indeed....

short answer: yes its safe, both - diving and pushing buttons.

regards, holger

Yes, any watch rated to 200m should be ok for recreational diving(as far as depth goes) It isn't made for diving, but it should be ok. This is given that the seals are in good shape. Honestly I see nothing wrond with diving with a G-Shock. Honestly you will probably never use it. Leave that to your dive comp. The watch is just a backup.
    I dunno about the pushing of buttons underwater at any significant depth though. I wouldn't risk that.
    Don't touch the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gyapp View Post

from the user manual it states that WR200M is suitable for scuba diving to depths not requiring helium tanks, in other words no prob for all kinds of recreation diving yeah.

Thread Information